Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Stella's POV

"Mom and Dad, I'm leaving." I simply stated as I stood in front of the front door with a small duffle bag sitting beside me. No matter what Noah or anyone says I was going to help the pack. I don't care what it takes and who I might hurt, but this is something that I needed to do. So here I am, standing in front of my parents with a serious expression on my face. The room was quiet. Only the sounds of soft Christmas music could be heard from around the house. I took a deep breath as my gaze went from one to the other. My mother stood there with a shock expression on her face. Her eyes blinked a couple of times as she stared at me blankly. Her thin hands held her husband's tightly as small whimpers came from her. My father stood there stiff with no emotion playing on his face. I watched as he watched me with curious eyes that scanned my whole body. We all stood there in silence saying nothing to each other.

I don't mean to break your heart, mom and dad. But this is something that I must do. Yes, I am practically putting myself in danger but I rather go down knowing that I was helping people that I love. My memories of you are still not too clear, but I know that you still love me. I can feel that you have always loved me and you wanted nothing more but to find me and protect me, but I'm not that person anymore. I'm not that spoiled brat that you raised to call you own. I don't need the money, I don't need the houses, and the fancy Christmas lights. There is no point of me staying here if I'll just make everyone unhappy. There is no point of being here when I am not even happy. If you want me to be happy then the best thing is to let me go. I've changed and because of that I don't need you no more. I felt a tear roll down my face as I kept staring at them. I was not sad that I was leaving at all. I was sad at the fact that I am about to break these people's heart. They waited so long to see me and now here I am saying that I am about to leave them again. Am I being selfish? Am I only thinking about myself and about what I want? I should be thinking about others, right? It's the right thing to do, but I can't please everyone. I'm not perfect no matter how hard I use to try to me. Just like how I couldn't please everyone at the wolf pack, I can't please everybody here.

Whipping my eyes free of tears, I bent down and picked up the black bag that was beside me. Standing straight again, I looked over at my mother. She too now have tears running down her eyes and pain painting on her face like a canvas. I sent her a small smile before reaching out and touching her arm. "You were a great mom." I muttered through dry tears. Her whimpers became louder at my words as she clutched her husband closer.

"Why?" Dad suddenly snapped causing mom to jump slightly. "Why are you doing this to your mother? Five months! We waited five months to see our daughter again and when we finally do this is what she does. Aren't you happy with us? Were you ever happy? You probably threw yourself over that waterfall on purpose for an excuse to leave..."

I hanged my head at his harsh words. Never have I heard my father speak in such a tone with me. He seemed to always be calm the few weeks I was here. To see him like this, to see him hurt, caused a pain in my chest and a sudden pain in my head. With a deep breath, I looked back up at him face again. "No, I'm not happy." I replied with my voice soft as before. "I spent five months of my life not knowing who I was and built a new identity for myself from the ground up. I'm not Alycia anymore, dad. That person is lost somewhere in that river she fell into. I'm Stella..."

I looked up at him once again to see his eyes now red as my mom's as he glared at me. His lips curled into a deep scroll and his knuckles turn pale everything he would grip the hand in his tighter. "What are you talking about?" He snapped talking a step forward. I frowned at his actions, it said nothing else. Turning my back, I clutch the bag closer to me as I walked closer to the front door. I can hear my mother cries become louder and my father's voice became louder. I can turn back now. If I stop walking they are going to keep me here and I won't be able to help no one. After all what they have done for me, how can I not help them. Mom, Dad, I hope you will understand one day why I am leaving you in such misery. I'm only trying to repay my friends. I'm not selfish at all. Removing the tears from my face once more, I reached out for the door handle. Ignoring the cries and screams of my parents, I opened the door to the cold winter's morning. Without hesitation I walked outside and closed the door. Everything was so quiet outside unlike the noise that was coming from the house. I scanned the large front yard for one last time before quickly stepping down the few steps that were there. Now with a spring in my step, I headed over to the black jeep that sat in front the gates. Through the lightly tinted windows I saw Dawn sitting there playing with her phone. The moment she saw me, she sat straight before bringing the car to life. I walked around to the passenger side and got in. Throwing my bag to the back, I sighed deeply as I reached for my seatbelt.