36

Moriarty

The bright blue lights of the ambulance raced through the streets with the sirens blaring out the familiar tune. Jim sat by Sherlock's bed as the car threw everything about.

"What's his name?" The nurse asked Jim.

"Sherlock." Jim replied, "Sherlock Holmes."

The woman nodded, "Alright Sherlock, I'm Annie. Just relax, we're almost there."

Jim tapped his foot nervously. Why could nothing ever go right for them?

"Sorry, what was your name again?" The nurse asked, although she had never asked Jim his name before.

"Um... It's Jim."

"So you're his friend? Brother?"

"Husband." Jim corrected, making his mouth slant.

The nurse's eyes widened in shock, "Oh! Well then... Can you comfort him? We won't be at the hospital for about 5-6 minutes."

Before Jim had chance to reply, the woman had already started talking to the driver. The ambulance shook as Jim got out of his seat and knelt down by Sherlock.

Holmes had a mask on which helped him to breathe. He didn't need it but it added to the 'being rushed to hospital' image.

Jim looked up at his husband who was slowly floating in and out of consciousness. The impact of the firework was stronger than he thought.

Moriarty sighed to himself and held Sherlock's hand. It was cold.

"Sherlock." Jim whispered, "If you can hear me, squeeze my hand."

The detectives fingers slowly closed around Jim's hand and squeezed lightly. Jim let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and pushed one of Sherlock's curls out of his face. He let his hand linger in Sherlock hair for a while. He loved how silky it felt.

The car turned the corner suddenly which made Jim's head fly onto the bed where Sherlock lay. He lifted himself back up and knelt back next to Sherlock's head.

Whilst stroking his hair, Jim began singing to his husband. Quietly, of course. Whisper singing.

"I don't know just how it happened,
I let down my guard...
Swore I'd never fall in love again,
But I fell hard.

Guess I should have seen it coming,
Caught me by surprise...
I wasn't looking where I was going,
I fell into your eyes."

Jim stopped, suddenly becoming aware that the everyone else could hear him. He blushed slightly and stared at their intertwined hands.

Sherlock's eyes fluttered open slowly. He inhaled sharply and squeezed Jim's hand, indicating for him to continue.

Jim skipped to the chorus and whispered,

"I'm addicted to you,
Hooked on your love,
Like a powerful drug,
I can't get enough of,
Lost in your eyes,
Drowning in blue,
Out of control,
What can I do?
I'm addicted to you."

All of a sudden, the ambulance made a sharp turn and drove into the hospital car park. They stopped the car and rushed to the back to get Sherlock into hospital as soon as possible.

The doctors pushed the bed through the hospital with Jim following close behind. The bed was pushed through some double doors. The nurse, Annie, stopped Jim before he could follow and directed him towards the waiting area.

Then he waited.

~

Sherlock

Holmes woke up to the sight of Jim slowly falling to sleep. He was leant on his hand and his head was begging to drop. His head slipped slightly as Jim woke up, startled.

"Hey." He yawned.

"Hey." Sherlock replied, lifting his mask.

"How are you feeling?"

"Mmm..." Holmes replied looking down at his left arm which he didn't previously notice was in a sling.

"Dislocated shoulder," Moriarty explained, "nasty burns on your left leg and chest."

Sherlock looked at him quizzically.

"Doctor told me."

Holmes nodded and tried to sit up.

"First I get shot and now this."

Both the men let out a small chuckle.

Sherlock took this opportunity to look around his room. It was similar to the room he was in after he got shot with only a few changes. For example, this room had a bigger window to look outside and no window to look into the hospital.

"John's on his way."

"You look exhausted." Sherlock noticed.

"Charming." Jim muttered, laughing slightly.

Sherlock sighed, "I mean it. You should go home. Get some sleep."

"But-"

"John's on his way. I'll be fine!" He interrupted before adding, "Go on... Piss off."

Jim smirked and kissed Sherlock's forehead before leaving.

~

Moriarty

Jim walked down the dark, faintly lit pavement trying to find a taxi. There were none to be seen. He had been searching for a good 45 minutes before he finally gave up.

He had been wandering around the streets for a while when he decided to go to a pub. What harm could it do? It was only one drink.

Moriarty sat down at one of the bar stools and ordered a beer. He needed something to take his mind of Sherlock. It was his fault he was in hospital. He shouldn't have left him. He was so stupid.

The drink helped ease the pain. It helped him to forget everything and just relax.

After he had finished his drink, he ordered another. That was then followed by another and another. It was as if his mind no longer had control over his body. His mind was saying he needed to stop but his body kept ordering more.

Soon, once his memories has blurred, Jim was kicked out of the bar. He stumbled onto the pavement and slouched against the nearest building. There he proceeded to hug his knees to his chest and cry.

He been there for what felt like hours when finally someone walked by. The high heels indicated a woman.

"Hey!" He mumbled.

She ignored him and continued walking.

"Hey please. Please help me."

She slowed down her walking.

"Come on Irene." Jim pleaded.

The woman turned to face him. The woman.

"Even when you're drunk you still remember me."

"I don't think anyone could forget you, Miss Adler."

"I'm flattered."

"Well, don't be. It's hard to forget someone who's naked during your first encounter. Now help me up."

A/N

Sorry it took so long for me to update guys!

-A