1

Sherlock was paranoid. Everywhere he went, something reminded him of Jim Moriarty, his nemesis. He couldn't work on a case without worrying that the devil was behind it. Maybe he was. All of them. Part of his game. Making him dance. Maybe it was all leading up to something. But what?

Sherlock stood outside the flat. The cold winter air struck his face as he pulled out a cigarette. John wasn't around to tell him not to. He was on his honeymoon with Mary. Sherlock needed something, anything, to distract him from the psychopath.

He placed the cigarette in between his teeth and reached up to light it. Before his lighter reached the poisonous substance, he received a text. Sherlock put the light back in his pocket and got out his phone instead.

The text was from an unknown number. Sherlock's heart skipped a beat as he suddenly realised who it was. Fear took over him. Controlled him almost. The text read:

I wouldn't do that if I were you, honey. Don't you know that smoking is bad for you? -JM

Sherlock read the text over and over in his mind. Moriarty can see him. But how?

Sherlock walked back into 221B and tried again. He wanted to test if Moriarty could see him wherever he went.

Sure enough, the same thing happened again. He reached up to light the cigarette but was stopped by a text message.

Honestly Sherly, didn't your mother ever tell you not to smoke? I'm sure Mycroft must have. -JM

Sherlock began to panic. How was he alive? He decided to text back:

Where are you? -SH

Which Jim replied to with:

Come on Sherly. It's so blatantly obvious.
There's a car outside which will bring you to me. We need to have a little chat.
No weapons. Remember: I have snipers -JM

Sherlock looked outside and saw the car. He reached for his coat and scarf. His body was filled with fear but he managed to control it.

The sociopath stepped outside the flat once again and got into the car. He had no idea where he was going but was sure he'd figure out soon enough.