34

Moriarty

A few days later, the men were back to normal. Sherlock sat on the sofa with Jim's head on his lap. Holmes ran his slender fingers through Moriarty's hair which sent shivers down his spine.

"Sherlock..." Jim muttered suddenly.

"Mmmhmm?"

Moriarty sighed and propped himself up on his elbows, "This isn't fair on you."

"What isn't?"

"Us."

"What do you mean?" Sherlock asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I... I mean that I don't remember everything. I only remember everything up to Reichenbach and then breaking you out of jail."

Sherlock let out a sad laugh, "Yeah but you're going to remember... Right?"

Jim shrugged in response.

"Well I don't care if it's not fair! I'm not loosing you again Jim."

"Sherly..." Jim whispered.

"No. You will remember! I know you will!"

Jim didn't reply and began twiddling his thumbs. A thousand thoughts flew through his mind all at once. But what if... Moriarty shook his head to get rid of the thought.

"I can help you," Sherlock continued, "I can fill you in on the details until you remember. I know you'll remember."

"But what if I don't?" Jim snapped.

Now it was Sherlock's turn to be silent.

"We can't just give up," he sighed suddenly, "we've got to try."

"Sherlock." Jim tried to interrupt.

"I won't let us give up. I won't. I... I can't."

"Sherly," Moriarty tried to interrupt again, more successfully this time, "I never said we were going to give up. I'm willing to give us a go."

Sherlock's face lit up like all his Christmas's had come at once. Jim smiled as Sherlock planted a kiss on his nose.

"I love you, Jim." Sherlock whispered, his eyes focusing on Jim, "But for the time being, I'm willing to settle with liking you."

"Thank you."

"And I do, you know. I do like you. There are no words to describe how much I like you."

Jim blushed slightly as he settled back into Sherlock's lap. He rested his head back on the detectives legs and began muttering the words to a song.

"Tonight you're mine completely.

You give your love so sweetly.

Tonight the light of love is in your eyes.

Will you love me tomorrow?"

Sherlock recognised the song and decided to take over.

"Is this a lasting treasure?

Or just a moment's pleasure?

Can I believe the magic of your sighs?

Will you still love me tomorrow?"

The men stared at each other, refusing to break eye contact.

"Tonight with words unspoken.

And you say that I'm the only one.

But will my heart be broken?