29

The men walked, hand in hand, out of the air field. Jim could feel Sherlock's ring against his finger. He chuckled silently to himself.

"Do you think it was a bit much?" Jim asked, "The cards?"

"It was perfect, Jim." Sherlock replied happily, "And original."

"What? Writing 'Did you miss me' on pieces of cards is an original way to propose?" The word 'propose' rolled off of his tongue and lingered in the air for a while.

Sherlock looked down at his fiancé, "Yes."

Jim looked up at the detective, "Well, I do try my best."

~

Once they had returned to the flat, Sherlock led on the sofa with Jim resting his head on his chest. They caught up with everything they'd missed. From news stories to new songs, they discussed them all.

~

-2 months later-

"Hello everyone." Sherlock began awkwardly.

It was time for their speeches.

The wedding had been perfect. No murder. No surprise guests. No minor hiccups. Everything had been perfect, Sherlock made sure of it.

"The last speech I made was at John's wedding. Whilst making the speech, it never occurred to me that I'd be making a speech at my own wedding just a year later. It did, however, occur to me that Jim was different that night at the pool. For those of you who aren't aware, Jim played a little game with us a while ago. John expertly named it 'The Great Game' on his blog. I advise you read it. Anyway, it ended with John being strapped to a bomb and me holding a gun to Jim's head. He also threatened to burn the heart out of me but I'm sure, at the time, he didn't realise that he would actually be the one who fixed it.

"Jim. What can I say about Jim? The thing people don't get about Jim is that he's not a criminal. Not a consulting criminal. No. That's Jim Moriarty. This man in front of you now is Jim. Jim Moriarty-Holmes. Bit of a mouthful but we'll get there eventually.

"Jim, I can't tell you how glad I am that you're not dead. But when I said I was married to my work, I never expected to actually marry my work.

"I love you, Jim. First time I've said it in front of an audience. So there. You have witnesses. I just hope I will always be there to remind you."

Sherlock finished the speech by raising a glass to Jim. He sat back down in his chair and took his husbands hand in his own.

"I love you." Jim whispered whilst the guests wiped the tears from their eyes.

~

"Wow..." John said, standing up to give his speech, "Wow. Um... I... That was... Wow. Hi. Yeah. Wow. Um. Hi. I'm John and I'm the best man. I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to compete with a speech like that. Blimey. Well, where do I even begin?

"Sherlock... Sherlock Holmes is married. Nope, still can't get my head around it. High-functioning sociopath? Nah. I have to admit though, Sherlock Moriarty-Holmes does have a ring to it.

"Did they ever tell you how they proposed to each other? Jim contacted me, Molly and Greg. He gave us each a piece of paper to hold up when Sherlock got off the plane saying "Did you miss me?". Genius. So Sherlock got off the plane, read the message and Jim popped the question. Then Sherlock didn't reply but after a long moment of silence, he got out a ring and proposed too. They proposed at each other. Bit like when they fake-suicide at each other but with less death...

"Sorry, I planned out a speech in advance but I can't remember any of it now. I'm just... Sherlock and Jim, I just hope you're happy together because that is the face of the person you will be waking up to for the rest of your life.

"Thank you, Jim, for making Sherlock the man he is now. That's all I really have to say and all I really need to say. You must be blind if you can't see how in love these men are. They complete each other. I just really hope that there aren't any guns around when they get into a fight."

John finished his speech off with a similar toast to the couple.

~

Now it was Jim's turn.

"Hello everyone. I'm sure you know who I am and if not I'm sure you saw me project my face onto every screen in England.

"I'm not going to lie to you all and tell you that our relationship has been perfect. Far from it actually. It's been a roller coaster. That's the only way I can describe it. We've had our ups and downs. Mostly the latter but that made all the ups so much better. Sherly, I can't wait for the ups that will be coming our way.

"Since meeting Sherlock I've changed. I have no idea how he did it, but I left that psychopath behind on that rooftop and I'm never going back.

"I'm incredibly bad at speeches so I'm just going to go ahead and end it here. I love you, Sherlock Holmes. Enough said."

Once they had made a toast, the men knew that something had changed between them for the better.

~

Jim could hear the loud music thumping in the background as he stood outside in the wind. The day had been crazy and he needed to get some air.

The men hadn't had their first dance yet so Jim knew he didn't have long.

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Moriarty unlocked it before reading the illuminated message.

4 words.

12 letters.

One sender.

Did you miss me? - SM

A/N

Dun dun duuuuuuun.

Ohhh. Who's SM?

Speeches are so hard to write. I now know why most fanfiction writers miss them out.

Thank you guys so much for 4K reads! I'm sorry that this took so long to upload (again) I've been busy. Well... I say busy...

Anyway...

I have a few questions to ask you if you don't mind answering them. Of course, you don't have to but it would really help me if you did.

1) What did you think of their speeches?

2) What do you think of this fanfic?

3) What do you think will happen next?

Thank you for answering them if you did. If not, it's fine. *wipes tear from eye* No, honestly. I don't mind. *cries* It's totally your choice. *sobs uncontrollably*

I'm kidding, don't hurt me.

- A