Chapter 22

"Okay, Chance. Take care of your brother and sister while we're away for the week," my mother said to me. "Here's a hundred dollars plus a few extra bucks for you guys. Stay safe." She handed me the money and I slid it down my pocket.

"Don't worry, mom. Everything will be fine," I said to them, hoping they will be relieved of any worries.

"Okay. Bye guys," my mother last said before she left the house.

I approached the door and locked it. I then spun around and made my way into the living room where Shane was watching T.V. Can't be letting Shane watch anything inappropriate on Television. If I do, then what kind of big brother would I be?

After he was clear, I made my way up the stairs and down the hall to Tori's room. Obviously it's closed and had her "Do not disturb or I'll punch you in you damn face. Directed to my two idiotic brothers, Chance and Shane" sign. She still hated me, and will never let it go. Tori and I will never have that brother-sister bond that most siblings have. I know Shane and I had a brother bond. I just need a bond with Tori.

It wasn't necessarily my fault that I made her best friend Leo forget all about her and became distant from her. Okay, you could put the blame on me. It was my fault, but I had no intention of that ever happening, it just happened. She can't hate me forever, can she?

And ever since that happened in Elementary school, she would never invite her friends over, nor best friends for that matter, not even talk about them to me or around me. But I will admit that I have overheard about one of her best friends, one who had moved a lot because of money troubles or something like that. Don't have precise detail. I  always wondered who they are.

It was always that same best friend I kept on hearing about, and I have seen him once. Only once - maybe twice. Yes, it's a another guy that was Tori's best friend. He was cute, cuter than Leo. And by one friend of hers, she would never let me actually meet him, I didn't know know why, though. Why could be bad about me meeting this guy, Timothy, or was it Tom, maybe Thomas? I don't know his name really.

Since I could be a nosey person at times, I stuck my ear against the door, listening in on the conversation she was having with whoever was on the other line. I couldn't hear what the other person was saying since it was obviously not on speaker phone.

"Whoa there, Tommon. Stop acting so cray cray," she said. Tommon? Was that his name? Kind of a weird name to be given, to be honest. "I'll help you with your crush. I'll come to your school and make sure you start a conversation," she added.

I take my ear away and knocked on the door three harmonic times. I heard her grunts loud and clear echoing through the door. She was not pleased to be interrupted. Abruptly, the door swung open wide and Tori's facial expression was annoyed by my standing there smiling like a creeper.

"Hey, Tori. Who were you talking to? Your best friend?" I asked her politely.

"None of your business, Chance," she said.

"Can I meet him?" I asked. I really wanted to, and to meet her other friends she concealed away from me. Only friends of hers I have met were the ones I went skinny dipping with, with Anthony, including Tori herself. Yeah, I know, it's weird to be skinny dipping with your sibling, boyfriend, and your sibling's friends. Yet, it was fun.

"No, and you never will," she clearly states directly up in my face.

"But-"

Her door swung shut as fast before I could say another word after but. I even felt the breeze of door attack my face. Why does she have to be so rude towards me? I tried to be nice to her, and this is what happens. She will never let the whole "Leo" thing go. Maybe one day me and her will be good again. Maybe I find Leo and bring him back to her.