Chapter 13

Christian Bale's Winter Break Formal is on the last weekend of winter break - Saturday. Problem is that Chance will be there. I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to speak to Chance just yet, and if he even feels anything for me - hopefully he does, I wish he does. But I'm going even if I had a reason or even a chance not to. Tori will drag me there if I wouldn't go. She is inevitable.

Tori feels that if I went with Andrew, it'll make Chance jealous. But that will only provoke drama between Andrew and Chance, which will leave me caught in between the both of them. It'll be unpleasant for me and make things more complex then they already are. I wont be going with Andrew, just happen to see him there and hang out.

I'll be going with Tori as just friends. None of us have to drive since she told me she got us a ride.

"Who's our ride?" I ask her.

*Doorbell Rings*

"He's here." She smiled. "With my boyfriend."

"Well, Chris will love you in that dress. He'll think your beyond beautiful." I compliment her.

It's true, Tori does look exceptionally gorgeous. Wearing a dark blue dress, dark blue high heels with her hair curled. I wore a black tuxedo with classy black shoes. My dress shirt was white while I had a black and white stripped tie. Tori and I will be rocking the formal.

I hear footsteps from downstairs tramp towards the door as it rings loudly. The door cringes as I believe it's being brushed open. Tori and I approach the stairs, but I immediately freeze up when I recognize the voice speaking. "Hi, Mrs. Hayne. I'm Chance McClain," as I saw him greet my mom with a handshake. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too, Chance. Come in," my mom greets him in where as he closed the door behind him. "Thomas and Tori, Chance is here," she called out to Tori and I.

Tori nudged me to continues down the stairs, so I did. When I reached the bottom of the stairs with Tori, my brother came running in to Chance. "Uncle Chancey!" Chance crouches down to lift Christian up. Seeing the wide smiles curve on their faces, plants a smile on mine as well as Toris'.

"You must be Christian. Your brother is a great guy, did you know that?" He asks Christian, then smiles at me. Now he notices me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah, my broder is awesome," Christian says with a smile.

As I approach Chance, I thought that he looked great since the last time I saw him, especially in a open Genève suit with white classic shoes, and a black dress shirt that's open a little at the top.

"You look great, Thomas, stunning actually, so do you, Tori," Chance kindly compliments us both.

"Thanks," concurrently Tori and I thank him.

"Picture time," my mom says as she comes in with her camera.

Chance lowers Christian down, who walks next to our mother. My mother told Tori and I to stand next Chance. Surprisingly, Chris isn't here. Weird. Tori stood beside me as I stood beside Chance. We all smiled, ready for our picture to be taken.

After it was over, it was a separate picture of me only. Then me and Tori, and it was finally for me and Chance. I stood on his left side. I felt comfortable near him like I always am. It feels right, feels more natural.

Without hesitation, he placed his left arm around my waist. I cringed a little but it was unnoticeable. Still wasn't sure if I wanted this kind of affection. His hand is close to my butt, just saying.

"Perfect," my mom says. The picture was taken successfully. "Have fun guys," my mom wished us greatness before we exited the house.

My eyes were astounded. Chance wasn't driving, neither was Chris - and he wasn't even here - but a chauffeur is escorting us to Christian's winter formal. Our transportation is a crystal white stretched limousine. I'm easily impressed. It looks miraculous. And crystalous - that is not a word but my own.

The chauffeur walks towards the door, and opens it for us. Chance helps Tori and I climb in. It's to my surprise knowing Chris is in here the whole time. He was most likely having a important conversation, hence, why he's on the phone right now. After Chance crawled in, the chauffeur closes the door and walks around to the driver seat. Cannot wait to reach to the winter formal. Hopefully it'll be fun. Just like Christian's previous party.

Chance and I sit across from Tori and Chris. On the road to the winter formal, it wasn't the cars or the sounds from outside that we mostly heard, it was mostly the sound of Chris speaking. "No, no, no, no," Chris began, "I didn't order strippers, that's for the next time, and are the crystal ice sculptures there?" Chris asks whoever is on the other end of the line.

Apparently, Chris's next party with have strippers involved. Well, that is certainly a party Chance, Chris and Tori will most definitely enjoy. They all like to party wherever there's a party. But it does get a bit awkward hearing Christian's reply to this person.

"I know you don't want me to talk to you, but I want to apologize for what I've done. I sincerely am," Chance whispers in my ear quietly.

"You already apologized to me," I whisper back.

"Yes, that's what I want to hear," Chris rambles on.

"I know. I just wanted to apologize again. Am I allowed to talk to you now?" He whispers again.

"We're already talking, so yes, you're allowed," granting him permission again.

"Jeez, Tommy, nobody is hungry, so you better close your legs. Act more lady like, like me," Tori smiles conniving at me with her legs crossed.

I eyes Chance because a chuckled quietly escaped his lips, then at Tori. "Thanks for the thoughtful advice, Tori," sarcastically I spoke as I closed my legs.

"Thank you," Chance quietly thanked me.

"No, there is no sex involved. That's for the bathroom. That's why they make glory holes, duh." I felt a bit weird at what Chris said.

Glory holes? Why do they even have those? Like I want to suck some random guy's dick and gain STD's from them. Sounds like the most disgusting thing to ever hear through your eyes. There is nothing glory about glory holes. All gross, no glory. True fact.

I'm pretty sure we're all wondering who's on the other end of Chris's phone. Exactly who is he talking to that gives these awkward suggestions. It got pretty awkward after a while. Mostly silent between Tori, Chance and I. Silence has never been so awkward before.

It's actually beautiful outside - getting away from the awkwardness. The moon makes the night feel majestic. Everything glimmers beautifully in the night sky watching over the city. The winter formal will be amazing. After all, it's Christian's Winter Formal, he knows how to throw a mean party.

"If I wanted nude men, I would have made it a private show for my buddy, Chance," and it's never ridiculous like that. Chris smiles and winks at Chance while he just eyes him down. Chance gave him an apathetic smile.

"You should be happy, Chance. You get muscular guys grinding on your crotch and they won't have to worry about your Lilly Willy," Tori says, smiling joyfully at Chance.

I couldn't help but laugh, but I attempted to conceal it away. Didn't work so much. Chance wasn't happy with me at all. Can't blame me that I chuckle. Tori is insanely humorous, that's a reason to love her.