Chapter 30 (Shaliene's P.O.V.)

"By the way," Ben said, "you look really nice today."

"Thanks." I replied with a smile on my face as we drove toward the coffee shop. After everyone had finished lunch Ben and I decided to go get coffee and talk for a while.

As we parked in front of Starbucks Ben said,

"Wait right there," while he ran around the car to open my door.

"Thanks Ben." I said with a sincerity in my voice.

"Ah, no problem." he replied as he opened the door and helped me out.

"Twice in two days? You must like me or something." said Andy with a sarcastic tone, as Ben and I entered the cozy coffee shop.

"Haha, yeah. By the way I need to talk to you later..." I responded.

"I'll text you. So what can I get for you both?" Andy asked.

"I'll take a venti caramel latte." requested Ben and I at the same time.

"Wow, you are really made for each other." Andy noticed sarcastically, causing me and Ben to blush.

"So two caramel venti lattes. Anything else?" He asked.

"You want anything else, Shay?" Ben asked me, pulling out his wallet.

"No that's it." I said distractedly as I dug through my purse for my own money.

"No Shay, I got this." he said, handing the money over to Andy.

"Thanks." I said with a small smile.

"No problem. You want to sit down?" Ben asked. "I'll get the drinks."

"Okay." I said, making my way over to a booth in the back.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Your coffee, m'lady." Ben said as he set down my cup a few moments later.

"Thank you, sir." I replied with a smile, as he seated himself across the table from me.

"So..." I said, as we sat in an awkward silence for a few moments.

"So...anything else I should know about you? I mean, I know your favorite color, food, and movie. And that's all the major stuff, right?" Ben said sarcastically.

"Wait, you don't know my favorite animal!" I replied in a worried voice. Mimicking me, he said,

"Oh my gosh! I don't know you at all!" with a dead-serious face, making both of us burst out laughing.

"Okay...okay...now, you wanted to know about me?" I replied, as we finally got our laughter under control.

"Yes. What's important to you? What did you want to be when you grew up? Which sports team do you cheer for? Where do you see yourself in 30 years? Who is your favorite band? Anything that makes you...well, you." He responded.

"Well that could take I while, I live a very interesting life." I replied emphasizing the last sarcastic part.

"Take your time, I've got all the time in the world." was his response.

"Okay, well...I have three sisters that can be a pain sometimes, like you are already aware, but other times can be the best therapy. My parents are awesome, you know except for the fact they surprised us with an arranged marriage (which is turning out better than I imagined, I thought to myself), but other than that they're great. I have a dog named Marlee. She's supper sweet. I'm a Senior in high school. I love missions, I go on one to Central America every year. I think I'm going to go into nursing, but I'm not quite sure. I love cheese, and wish it was its own food group. And...oh, most importantly I love Christ, and have become a part of his family. He's the reason I make it through everything that goes on in my crazy life." I said.

"Wow. Your life sounds pretty good." was his reply.

"Yeah, it can be. Your turn." I said.

"Okay, I had a pretty normal childhood. I lived in the States until I was about 2, then we moved to the U.K. We moved back here, about 2 years ago. I work for my father's company doing financial consulting, but also make a living on the stock market. My parents are alright, but have never really been involved in my life. I went to Harvard University. I've met the Queen of England, had dinner with the president of the U.S.A. and golfed with Roy McElroy. And I currently have the best fiancée in the world." he finished with a smile.

"Wow, and thanks. Don't forget about your baseball. And I'd have to say, you're the best fiancé I've ever had too." I replied, grinning. "Wait, I know this sounds like a silly question, but I never heard how old you are."

"Oh, I'm 21...and you're?"

"Almost 18."

"Ahh," he replied, "I've got myself a youngster here." he said with a smile.

"Hahaha." I replied, taking a sip of my now cold coffee.

"Shay, do you want to go do something?" Ben asked.

"Like what?" I replied.

"Oh, I don't know...something fun and different." He said.

"I've got just the thing." I said with a grin.

This was going to be the best day ever. I thought to myself as we walked out toward his car...toward our mission.