Chapter 25 (Benjamin's P.O.V.)

"That's perfect. Now can we go get some food?" I asked Shay as she held up the gift she had been contemplating getting for the past 20 minutes.

"Sorry, I know you're hungry, but I just want my sisters' gifts to be perfect." Shaliene replied in a concerned voice. Even though I've never met her sisters, it warmed my heart to see how much she cared about them.

"I was just playing around. I think any of those would work. And if this is how you act when your sisters aren't here, then I can't wait to meet them." I said.

"What do you mean?" was her response.

"Well, you obviously care alot about them, so they must be some pretty special people." I explained as I watched her expression soften at the mention of her family.

"Yeah, they're pretty cool...I guess." She said with a grin. "We are pretty close, but don't be fooled. We still act like sisters, and so, many times fighting insues."

What I wouldn't have given to have been in a family like that, I thought.

"Alright, I'm getting these." Shay said, mentioning to the stack of books she had accumulated for her sister Laura. "Let me check out, then we can try to satisfy your cravings with mall food court cuisine." She said with a smile as we walked toward the bookstore counter.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Ahhh, best food ever." I said, leaning back in my chair.

"You can hardly call the mall pizza, the best food ever." replied Shay. "Now the Japanese place, that's the best food ever. Aside from Tony's of course." She argued with a smile.

"Okay, you got me there." I confessed.

"Think I'm too full to shop anymore." Shay asserted as she too, slumped back into her chair.

"What happened to the saying 'shop til you drop' ?" I asked in a playful manner.

"I've already dropped, along with my bank balance." Shay replied with a smile. "I'm ready to go whenever you are."

"Off we go then." I said in a playful voice as I got up and grabbed our bags. And we headed off, back towards our grey chariot, after one of the best days ever.