Chapter 45 (Benjamin's P.O.V.)

"Three...." I finished, as Shay opened her eyes.

She stared straight ahead at her gift for a few moments without looking back at me. I began to doubt my decision, until she turned around, eyes shining and asked,

"Is this for me?"

"Yes it's for you," I responded, matching my smile to the one gracing her face, "you're the birthday girl."

"Oh, Ben....I can't accept this...it's too much..."She responded, the light in her eyes dimming.

"Of course you can." I replied. "You're almost my wife, and you can't drive your parents' minivan forever."

"Oh, Ben...I...it's....Thank you!" She said, practically squealing from excitement.

"And that's what is in the little gift bag," I said, pulling it from behind my back, "your keys to your new car."

"Oh, Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Shay said, jumping and hugging me around the neck.

"Can we take it for a test drive?" She asked.

"Whatever you like, m'lady." I replied back, "We probably need to get you to school before long. I can't have you miss a class of you plan to graduate after this semester." I finished with a wink.

"Fine, let me get my stuff." Shay said dashing back into the house.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

A mere five minutes later we were both in the car, with the books I insisted on carrying, and some coffee for the road.

I gripped the door for dear life as she speed off down the road....what have I done? I'm going to marry a nascar driver, I thought with a grin, looking over at my beautiful girl, who was smiling as big as humanly possible. What did I do to deserve this?