Chapter 44 (third person P.O.V.)

Benjamin flew down the stairs, before slowing down and walking into the kitchen. He was greeted by the sight of Mrs.Lewis sitting at the kitchen table, coffee in hand and an open journal and book on the table in front of her.

"Hi," Vivienne said when she glanced up to see Benjamin walk in, "have you decided to take me up on my offer of coffee?"

"Yes ma'am, I have." Benjamin said.

"Alrighty," Vivienne reliped, rising to make a cup for him.

"Oh, no. Please, I can make it." He replied, motioning for her to sit back down. "If you'll just tell me where the mugs are, I'll make it."

"Well, thank you." She said, sitting back down. "The mugs are in the cabinet above the coffee pot, over there." She finished, motioning to the counter nearest Benjamin.

"Can I top you off?" Benjamin asked.

"Yes, please. Thank you." She said, as he walked over and filled her mug, before walking back and pouring one of his own.

"Such a gentleman, Shay's very luck." Vivienne said, as Benjamin came and sat down across the table from her.

"No, I'm the lucky one." Benjamin said, taking a sip of coffee.

"Well, either way, God has blessed this family in a big way...So...tell me about yourself Benjamin. I mean I honestly know nothing about you, and you are a part of the family now."

"Well, there's not much to tell," Benjamin began.

"Oh, there's definitely something." Vivienne said.

"Well, I have strong feelings for your daughter......

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Shay lifted up her beautiful bouquet to her face and exhaled their beautiful aroma. She felt truly happy in this moment.

She dashed down the hall and toward the stairs, not longer able to contain the excitement, she ran to the kitchen where she heard Ben and her mother talking.

"...I just hopes she likes it..." Ben said as she entered the room.

"Likes what?!" Shaliene said.

"Would you like some coffee Shay?" Ben said, standing up with his coffee cup still in hand.

"No, the suspense is killing me. Suprise now, coffee later." She said.

"Okay, Ms.Impatient." Ben said in a jovial, teasing tone.

"Uh, that's future Mrs.Impatient to you." Shay retorted in the same teasing tone.

"I feel like we've been through this already." Ben responded.

"Benny....please...." Shay fake whined, going up to him, and taking his mug and placing it on the counter and giving him the puppy eyes.

"Okay....I guess for you..." He said. "Close your eyes."

"What?" She replied.

"Just do it...please?" Benjamin asked.

"Okay, I'm trusting you." Shay said, "Mom, would you mind putting these in some water, please?"

"Sure honey."

Shay handed off the flowers, closed her eyes and allowed Ben to meander her through the house. She felt a cold burst of air as they obviously stepped over the threshold and through the front door.

"Okay....open you eyes on three...one...two....