When I Look At You

I stared at him in shock. why did he care so much wether I was at the Doctors or not?

"Why do you cares so much" I asked him, His eyes were wide as he registered what I just said. Hurt crossed his face.

"I was just.... Sorry I thought" He stuttered Max seemed uncomfortable with the conversation, He cleared his throat and then made a ringing noise

"Brinng, Brinng Sorry guys, my phone is just ummm , Yeah" H e stood and went a little down the street. We both ignored him, glaring at each other.

" Look Emily, I was just curious, and after we talked the other day I.." I sighed I knew where he was going.

" you thought that because we spoke for about two hours you knew me? Well guess what.... You know nothing so just leave me alone. stay out of my business"

I stood quickly and began to storm away. I felt a hand on my wrist and I was spun around. Jay stared at me and I saw how close we were if I moved forward an inch we would be pressed against each other.

"What if I said I didn't want to leave you alone?" He asked quietly,

"For your sake Jay you should," I replied he shook his head sadly and leaned slightly forward,

I heard a beeping behind me and then a shout, Jay glanced behind me and his eyes got slightly wider,

"I think someone wants you" I turned also to be greeted with the sight of my father getting out of his car and storming toward us.

"Oh God" I pulled away from Jay, "I have to go" Before I could think about it I kissed him on the cheek and then turned away. I rushed to meet my father before he got any closer to Jay.

"Stay away from her" He roared over my shoulder "I will make you wish you never even looked at her" I could see Jays expression behind me, it was a mixture of horror, shock and anger.

"Dad leave it please," I spoke quietly trying to calm him down. "Let's go," I pushed him away towards the car. He stopped struggling and gripped my wrist tightly, a strange contrast to the soft way Jay had just a few minutes prior. We got to the car and I climbed in slamming the door behind me and trying to sink in to the leather seat.

I watched my dad come round the other side and get in, as we drove away I looked back and saw Max trying to get Jays attention which was trained on our car. he stared after us as we went around the corner.

....................................................................................................................

My dad couldn't get a word out of me for days. He hadn't done anything to me either, thankfully I didn't think I could handle both. each morning I would wake and make my father breakfast, crushing the pills that the Doctor have me in to his coffee.

It felt strange not having the worry of his temper hanging over my head. I stared out of my bedroom window. The rain pelted at my window and I gazed at the droplets running down the pane. It felt Ironic that in films whenever something sad happened it would begin to rain but I guess now it was just down to the English weather.

Even so I was shocked when I noticed my neighbours coming out with a football. They were all there, I wanted to know all their names it annoyed me now that all I knew was Max and Jay.

They shouted and laughed, and kicked the ball around. I found myself laughing along with them but tried to avoid looking at Jay. I finally did at after that I couldn't look away. He was mesmerising. The only fact was even when he smiled and joked I could see the sadness in his eyes.

I wanted to run and hug him let him know that it was ok, I could be there because even though we had only known each other for about a week I felt like I knew him inside out.