Make It In America

My smile was clear to see from miles away, I couldn't keep a straight face but continued to grin as we crossed the airport.

Jay stayed close to me, every now and again his arm would brush against mine and I would feel a small shiver go down my spine. The boys kept giving us cheeky smiles, now that I was properly introduced to them I felt much more comfortable and didn't constantly stare at my converse as they attempted conversation.

According to Max it wouldn't matter not having a passport whilst I was with them, He could sort it. I was still doubtful on that but didn't want to put a damper on the seemingly jovial atmosphere that had settled over our strange group.

They were still being stopped by fans every five minutes so getting to the plane was slow going. As far as I could tell we still needed to go a long distance to the othere side of the building and this thought made my feet ache even more than before.

Jay turned and must have sensed my frustration as he beckoned to me. I advanced with raised eyebrows, he put his back to me and held out his hands

"Jump." I laughed and did. I rested my chin on his broad shoulder and felt his curls tickle my face, "Are you sure I'm not too heavy?" I whispered into his ear, I watched as goosebumps errupted on his neck and he shook his head.

"Not at all Em, You must be the lightest thing I have ever had to carry" He laughed, I shook my head at him and rested my head on his shoulder once again.

It took at least half an hour to reach the gate, As I looked out the big windows all I could see was a tiny plane. "I thought you were going to the US? Wheres the plane?" Siva looked at me,

"WE are going to the US," He emphasised the WE making me smile and then continued "It's a private plane so not too many people need to fit really" I nodded my head to show I understood and then walked to the wall and sat down.

They all looked at me with confusion, "You know there are seats just here right?" Tom asked staring at me, I raised an eyebrow and ran my hand through my hair

"Uh Yeah, but the floor is so much more comfortable, it's a well known fact" I answered in amusement. They continued to watch me until Nathan wandered over and took a seat next to me.

"She's right Lads" He grinned at me, they shrugged their shoulders and joined us. Max decided to sit on Tom and thus ensued an argument that seemed to go on for an eternity, eventually a huge burly man had to pull them apart. I expected him to begin shouting at us for disrupting the peace but instead he grinned toothily at the boys and they returned the gesture.

"Emily this is Big Kev" Siva introduced us, Big Kev nodded at me and I smiled, "he's our security guard"

"Or their tough babysitter" Kev interjected, The boys scowled but Jays twinkling eyes proved to me that they were as fond of him as he appeared to fond of them.

"Anyways hooligans, I came to tell you the plane is ready" They whooped and then stood up, Jay held out his hand to me and I clutched it. He intertwined our fingers and we followed his band mates towards the gate.

I sighed as my tired body sunk into the plush seats, it was only when I had sat down that I realised how much I had been through in the past two days. No wonder my wrists and ankles hurt, as I glanced at them I noticed the lines of bruising that were gradually emerging.

I felt a lurch in my stomach as the plane left the ground.. The seatbelt sign dinged off and suddenly I was surrounded by Tom and Max, Jay sat by my side laughing at their eagerness.

"So then Emily.. Lets have a chat" Max grinned at me wriggling his eyebrows. I nodded my head slowly blowing out a breath, "I guess so.. But I get to ask you something first"

They nodded and so I continued "why are you going to LA? You seem like you have a huge amount of fans.." Tom perched on my armchair and leaned over me "Yeah we have fans all over the world but.."

I looked at him "but what...?"

"We need to break America, it's the biggest industry in the world" Jay answered for him "as much as our fans mean the world to us, we can't get our music heard on such a massive scale until we are popular in the US" I nodded in understanding.

"So we are going over there to promote and perform and hopefully get our single heard" I smiled at Max's eager voice. They were all obviously excited for the weeks that lay ahead for them.

I couldn't help but wonder where I fitted in to their popstar lifestyle. It was a sobering thought, what did I have to do with people like them. I had spent my entire being taught how worthless I was. I knew it wasn't a normal upbringing that much had always been obvious, I was still curious why Jay even liked me.

"So Emily, don't your parents mind you coming with us?" Asked Tom, I bit my lip as I considered how to answer the question,

"Well my Dad doesn't seem to care much" I answered carefully, Tom raised an eyebrow

"I'm sure he does.. How could someone not miss you? What about your Mum?" He asked studying my face.

I forced a chuckle "no umm well"

"Even if your dad doesn't mind surely your mum would?" He pressed

"I-II" I stuttered unsure

"Will you miss them?" He asked again

"No! No ok? Just, just" I could feel the tears coming.

"Boys stop. Stop it." I could hear Jay in the background, I could feel his hand reaching for mine but I avoided it. Standing I blindly hurried to the bathroom at the back of the plane.

Tears streamed down my cheeks and I sank to the floor back against the smooth door. I could hear the shouting between the boys in their seats.

They couldn't have known but with sentence pain stabbed at my heart. Of course My father didn't care, would my mother had? I couldn't even remember.

My tears seemed to jumble the noises from beyond the door in to a blur but eventually I stood again. I caught sight of myself in the mirror above the sink.

My thick hair was tangled and eyes were filled of tears, I didn't dare look for two long. I knew I was confused I didn't need to see it reflected in my face.

But nothing prepared me for the words that were whispered so delicately to me from the other side of the door.

"Emily please, you have to let me in" So many meanings, so little time.

Hey Guys!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please let me know what you liked/ disliked..

I really appreciate each comment.

Comment

Vote

Fan

For the dedication of the next chapter answer which artist and song this is:

And all I can taste is this moment

And all I can breathe is your life

When sooner or later it's over

I just don't want to miss you tonight

Good Luck :)

1curlyqueen1 xx