xiii.

please point out spelling and/or grammar mistakes! i appreciate them

>><<

"So, is this what we're doing now?"

Peter looked at MJ tiredly as he laid on the small medical bed, the large white eyes of his mask narrowing slightly. MJ shrugged and kicked her feet up on one of the counters, leaning back in her chair.

"There was no way they were going to let us go," she replied simply. "Besides, we ran out of disinfectant three days ago. You're wound would have gotten infected."

"Harry and Harley are going to be pissed."

MJ snorted. "Oh trust me, they all ready are; I told them a few details and Harry blew up at me about safety and secret identities," she said with a slight chuckle. "He really thinks he has a say in what I do, huh?"

"He's something else," Peter laughed, shaking his head.

He looked down at his heavily wrapped midsection, comical white eyes narrowing. He didn't really trust whatever the Avengers put on him, but he wasn't going to say no to free treatment.

"My suit is ruined," he complained childishly. "There's so much blood soaked through it; it'll take days to clean it."

"We have a bunch of extra suits, you big baby," MJ countered, looking up at her teammate. "You literally encased them all with glass, remember?"

"Yeah, but this is my favorite one."

"Blah blah, get a new one."

Peter frowned. "You don't love me."

"Pointing out the obvious, I see," MJ snorted. "But anyways, I was thin-"

She was cut off as the door opened, in coming multiple Avengers. MJ immediately went rigid, her back straightening like a stick. Peter anxiously pulled at the thin sheet on the hospital bed, casting his gaze downwards.

"So..." Steve began awkwardly, clearing his throat.

Natasha slightly punched him in the shoulder before smiling at the two teens. "We appreciate you coming in and saving us on such short notice. I find it admirable that you held out on your promise, Spider-Man," she said delightfully.

"I-It was no problem, ma'am," Peter stuttered out bashfully. "We weren't doing a-anything anyways."

"That's a lie," MJ snorted, crossing her arms. "But we were happy to help."

"We have a few questions for you two, if you don't mind," Tony said awkwardly, glancing at the two suited spiders.

"We don't have much of a choice."

"Do you consider yourselves heroes?" Wanda asked as she moved her hair behind her shoulder.

"Um, I guess so," Peter replied uneasily.

Steve raised an eyebrow. "You guess so?"

"Well, heroes are usually praised for their work, but we don't like that," MJ clarified for them. "Besides, you all classify us a vigilantes, so our opinion doesn't matter too much."

"Do your suits do everything for you?" Bruce asked next; Peter could feel his excitement.

"No," the teenager answered with a slight shrug. "Our suits are for protection and advanced gadgets that we make. If I were to just swing around the city in shorts and a tee-shirt, I could get seriously injured," he explained.

"So you naturally do everything, then?"

"No," MJ replied this time, rolling her eyes under the mask. "We weren't born like this."

"Then how'd you get your powers?"

"Genetic mutation," Peter answered lamely. "That's a sore topic right now, so if we could just skip over that, that'd be great."

Steve crossed his arms over his chest. "Are you affiliated with HYDRA?" he asked shortly, glaring down at the teens.

"Are you an idiot?" MJ paused briefly. "Of-fucking-course not. We've taken out nearly two hundred HYDRA bases in the past—why would we be working with them?"

"Just for safety measures."

"Just for safety measures," MJ mocked, wiggling her fingers by her ears. "I'm Captain America, and I'm the best superhero there is! I'm so strong—look at my muscles!"

"That's enough," Peter interjected, but he could barely form words as he tried not to laugh. "He's old, darling, he can't handle that."

"Don't, "darling," me, darling," MJ jabbed, reaching over and poking Peter on the thigh. "Go back in the closet."

"But it's so musty in there!" Peter complained, throwing his hands up in mockery. "It took me fifteen years to get out of there—I'm never going back!"

"The closet?" Steve asked slowly, genuinely confused.

"Y'know, like how gay people are in the closet before they out themselves?" Peter replied just as slow, hands falling to his sides. "Do you seriously not know what coming out of the closet is?"

"So you're gay?" Clint interrupted, earning glares from most of his teammates. "Not that that's a bad thing! Gay pride, woot woot!"

"Nah, man. I'm bisexual," Peter answered him with a small laugh.

"I'm lesbian," MJ added.

"Let me guess, you're all gay?" Steve asked bitterly, disgust slowly filling his features.

"Well..."

"You've got to be kidding me!"

"Technically we're not, "all gay,"" Peter interjected, causing everyone to glance his way. "Iron-Spider is bisexual and Diamond is pansexual."

"...Isn't that the same thing?" Wanda asked.

MJ shook her head. "Not really; If you're bi, then you're attracted to only specific genders. If you're pan, you don't give a flying fuck."

Natasha hummed. "That's cool, I haven't met any lgbtq heroes before," she said thoughtfully. "It's about time."

"How are you okay with this?" Steve asked, anger lacing his voice. "This is not all right! They need God!"

"Shut the fuck up, homophobe," MJ dismissed shaking her head. "Clean up crew on aisle four—we have white-trash to be taken out—immediately."

>><<

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

remember: drink some water, have a snack, get some sleep and study for your tests. take care of yourselves <3