xi.

please point out spelling and/or grammar mistakes! i appreciate them

>><<

"Excuse me?"

"Oscorp's been shut down, director."

"By who?"

"Two anonymous people. 'Said something 'bout interning there and finding files that we're planning the city's demise."

Fury let out a frustrated growl and sat back in his chair, rubbing his glove-clad hand down his cheek. Oscorp Industries was just randomly shut down by two interns? He highly doubts it.

"Get the Avengers for me," he stated coldly, looking at Maria with his eye. "Go get the Avengers before I freak the fuck out."

>><<

"I should be surprised, but i'm not."

Peter leaned against his headboard, knees pulled securely to his chest. The files that Harry had taken from Oscorp were scattered across his navy bedsheets, shining against the dim light of his bedroom. MJ sat in his desk chair, looking sadly at her best friend.

"I'm sorry Pete..." she said quietly, picking at her fingernails.

"It's not your fault," Peter replied, shaking his head. "It's theirs's."

"Still, you shouldn't have to carry their burden," MJ protested, frowning slightly. "They created something they shouldn't have created, and now you're stuck with it. Everything that's happened to you, to all of us, is because of them."

>><<

A little over a week had passed and Peter was closing up shop at the café. He sighed to himself as he locked the door, slipping the keys into his pocket. He turned around, ready to head home, but was stopped by a woman leaning against the brick-sided building.

But this wasn't just any woman, it was Black fucking Widow.

"I-I, hello," Peter squeaked out, his cheeks heating up.

"Hi there," Natasha said sweetly, giving an award-winning smile. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"S-Sure."

"First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on your success of shutting Oscorp down," she began. "Truly remarkable work."

"H-How," Peter spluttered, eyes widening. "I don't know wh-what you're talking about."

"You're telling me this isn't you?" Natasha held up a photo of Peter slipping into his suit.

"Please don't h-hurt me, Miss," the seventeen year old pleaded, wringing his hands together nervously. "W-We don't do anything that b-bad and-"

"I'm not going to hurt you, and I'm not turning any of you in," Natasha jutted in, shaking her head. "I'm here to make a deal."

Peter looked at the superhero anxiously, bringing a hand up and biting his nail. "What is it?"

"If you help me and my team when we need it, I'll keep SHIELD off of your backs. I don't want them near you just as much as you do," she replied easily.