viii.

please point out spelling and/or grammar mistakes! i appreciate them

>><<

"It feels good to be back, huh?"

Harry looked up from his laptop to see Peter leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed over his chest. He was wearing one of Harry's old sweatshirts that was two sizes too big on him, drowning him in fabric.

"Hell yeah," the older boy replied, sitting up. He patted the space on the bed next to him; "Here, come sit."

Peter hesitantly walked over to the bed, bending down and sitting on the mattress. Harry wrapped an arm around his shoulders and brought the younger boy into his side.

"I knew you'd come save our asses," Harry said after a few minutes, eyes glued to his laptop screen.

"It was an obligation; If it was up to me, I'd leave you there in a heartbeat," Peter replied jokingly.

"You'd miss me too much."

"Keep telling yourself that."

"Admit it, pretty boy."

"Eh, it depends. I'd miss your cooking, but that's about it."

"Oh you little-"

Harry pushed his laptop off of his legs before turning to Peter, starting to tickle him. The younger teen let out a scream and tried to roll away but Harry held him down, attacked his sides and hips with his fingertips.

"Harry!" Peter squeaked out, blush filling his cheeks. "Stop it!"

"It's an obligation," Harry shrugged with a smile. "If it was up to me, I'd stop."

"What in the name of Thor is going on in here?"

Peter and Harry snapped their heads to the side to see MJ standing in the doorway, her hair wrapped up in a towel. She was only in a robe and her undergarments; She definitely just got out of the shower.

"Hi MJ!" Peter said, waving his hand obnoxiously.

"I shouldn't have asked," she sighed, shaking her head.

MJ turned and walked out the door and down the hall, muttering profanities under her breath. Harry held his own breath until he was certain she was gone before turning back to the boy trapped under him, grinning deviously.

"Now, where were we, pretty boy?"

"Harry I swear to the gods," Peter laughed.

"Well in that case..."

Harry leaned down and pressed their lips together, both of their eyes slipping shut. Peter lazily placed his hands around Harry's neck, trying to deepen the kiss as much as possible. The older boy bit down on the younger's lip, earning a slight gasp.

He smirked into the kiss, pulling Peter into his lap, the brunet immediately straddling him. They made out for a while until Harry pulled away, a string of saliva pulling from his lips.

"Harry... what are we?" Peter asked softly, wiping his mouth with the sleeve of his sweatshirt.

"I...I don't know, Pete," the older boy replied, looking away. "I don't think I'm ready for a relationship yet."

"Oh," Peter mumbled, gaze casting down. "I should, uh, I need to get dinner ready."

"No, Peter—shit." By the time Harry was able to get his words out, Peter was already clambering out of his lap and exiting the room.

He fell back onto his bed with a sigh, burying his face in his hands. He just majorly fucked up any chance he had with the younger boy. But what he said was true; although he really liked Peter, he didn't think an actual relationship would be healthy, especially since they're teammates.

>><<

"We're never going to find them," Bruce sighed, leaning back in his chair. "They know we're looking for them, so they're obviously going to lay low for a little while."

"And not to mention that whenever we've spotted them in the past, they've evaded us with a blink of an eye. It's like they know we're there," Natasha added.

Tony looked up from his phone, a smirk playing on his thin lips. He raised a suggestive eyebrow, his signature smile curling his mouth.

"And that is where you're incorrect, we'll, half incorrect," he stated, quickly changing his words after receiving Natasha's mighty death glare. "I know that I seem like I don't care, but I put a tracker on the annoying one."

"So both?" Steve asked seriously.

Tony rolled his eyes. "Rogers, zip it. But I placed it on the blue one—Diamond Spider?" he continued.

"You did something useful for once, Stark," Clint joked. "But should we call Fury?"

"No, not yet at least," the billionaire replied. "I want to bring them in first, ask 'em our own questions, and then hand them over to eyepatch."

Natasha smirked and took a sip of her water, placing the glass gently up to her lips. She took a another sip before placing it down on the wooden coffee table of the common room, sitting back in her seat, crossing her legs.

"I'm in," she stated with a shrug of her shoulders. "But I want the leader."

"Fair enough," Wanda chimed in, smiling sweetly.

"Clint and I'll go for the red and gold one," Steve suggested. "How about Wanda and Banner get the girl?"

"Don't assume one's gender, Steve," Natasha chastised quietly. "We don't know if they're a girl or a boy or someone who is gender-non-conforming.

"Gender-non-what?"

"Anyways..." Tony interjected, shaking his head, "that leaves me and Sam with the blue one."

"It's settled. We'll head out at the break of dusk; try to be civil, but if that doesn't work, use force."

>><<

"I'm telling ya'," Peter started, "cinnamon churros are way better than chocolate churros."

"Peter, oh my gods," MJ laughed, her mouth still full of her churro. "But I do have to agree with you—original all the way."

The two sat in a comfortable silence for the next couple of minutes, snacking away on their sweet treats. The two teens were on top of a building, waiting for any sight of crime.

"The city's dead tonight," Peter said after a while, casting his gaze over to the darkened skyline.

"I would say that's a good thing," MJ replied, taking another bite of her churro, "but calm nights usually mean something bad's about to happen."

"My senses are going crazy," Peter added, gaining more of his teammate's attention. "Ever since we left the apartment, everything's been at a solid fifteen. But everywhere I look, nothing's going on."

"I bet it's those pests of Avengers," MJ sighed quietly. "They've been following us for two hours."

>><<

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

remember: drink some water, have a snack, get some sleep and study for your tests. take care of yourselves <3

-tyler