vii.

please point out spelling and/or grammar mistakes! i appreciate them

>><<

"It fucking stinks in here."

MJ rolled her eyes and shoved Peter's foot, making him lurch forward. He scoffed and looked back at his teammate.

"I don't want to be in here just as much as you do, so hurry your ass up," she replied.

You see, Peter and MJ were currently crawling through the air ducts of the Avengers Compound, trying to find their compromised teammates. They had to be extra careful though, because rumor has it Hawkeye likes to nest in the vents.

"Wait, wait," MJ whispered-shouted, stopping in her tracts. Peter turned around, the white eyes of his mask widening.

"What?" he asked, wincing as the vibrations of his voice echoed throughout the ventilation system.

"You hear that, right?," MJ paused, "it sounds like Harry."

"You're right," Peter said after a moment of silence. He breathed deeply and grunted, shifting his weight onto his arms. "It's coming from underneath us."

>><<

"Chai tea is obviously the superior tea," Harley argued, shaking his head. "It's the most delicious."

"No way," Harry said, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "It's clearly herbal tea. It helps with keeping your skin healthy and it reduces aging signs!"

"Well chai tea helps your immune system! And it alleviates aches I get from patrolling," Harley countered.

Harry scoffed, slouching in his chair. "No, no, no. Herbal tea gang, where you at?" He looked over at the Avengers, white oval eyes squinting.

"Are you... are you seriously having an argument over what tea is better?" Steve asked slowly, his lips curling into a frown.

"You betcha, Mr. Popsicle!" Harley replied, grinning childishly under his mask.

"The blue one has a point," Natasha intervened, tapping her chin thoughtfully. "Chai tea is great for reducing aging."

"Are you kidding me?" Steve exclaimed exasperated, throwing his hands up.

"I agree with Nat. Chai tea is the way to go," Wanda added.

"See, chai tea is superior!" Harry exclaimed, pointing at his teammate with his cuffed hand. "I win, you lose, now you smell like poo poo!"

"No!" Harley gasped, covering the space his mouth would be with his palm. "Please no!"

"Too late!" Harry teased, leaning over and jabbing Harley in the thigh with his fingertips.

"I thought heroes were supposed to act like adults... not children," Steve sighed to himself.

The patriot collapsed into his chair, rubbing a hand down the side of his face. The mere presence of the two vigilantes was enough to send him off the edge; there was just something about them that ticked a nerve.

Conversations were cut short as the doors to the room burst open, revealing agent Maria Hill. Her eyes were wide and her breathing labored as she entered, eyes shifting over everyone in the room.

"Fury," she began, walking over to the director. "There's been a breach; someone's in the compound."

"Excuse me?" Tony interrupted, standing up from his chair. "FRIDAY, hun, what's going on?"