xii.

please point out spelling and/or grammar mistakes! i appreciate them

>><<

Peter pulled on his suit as he stood in the jet, gazing out the window at the open sea. He didn't know why the Avengers were in the middle of the ocean, but promises are promises, and he didn't want an angry Black Widow knocking on his door.

"I'm still royally pissed at you," MJ said as she adjusted her suit. "This could be a trap for all we know."

"I'd rather it be a trap instead of us being tracked," Peter shrugged. "Wait, that didn't make sense."

"Is that them?"

Peter looked over to the window to see a navy ship rocking in the waves in the distance. It was obviously damaged, and flames were licking the sides of it.

"Holy shit," the teenager breathed out, pressing his hand up against the plexiglass. "What did they do?"

>><<

"Natasha," Steve wheezed as he spit blood onto the ground, "I thought you called for backup?"

"I did," Natasha responded gruffly from her spot on the floor. "They'll be here."

"I hope you're right," Wanda groaned.

Natasha rolled her eyes and relaxed, leaning her head against the wall. She could smell the fire an ashes wafting their way inside of the navy ship, making her furrow her nose distastefully.

"Not so strong now, are you, Avengers?"

A group of armed men stalked into the room, carrying heavy guns at their waists. They were dressed in camouflage for some damn reason, even though it wouldn't help them in any way.

"Are you sure about that?" a voice echoed from above.

Natasha looked up and grinned as she saw a flash of red and blue, followed by white and black. "See, I told you they would come."

Peter dropped down from the rafters in his signature crouched position, his white eyes narrowing menacingly. The men took a step back at their arrival, raising their guns.

"Backup, reporting for duty. How're you today, Miss Widow?" MJ greeted as she dropped gracefully next to her teammate.

"I'm doing all right," Natasha responded.

"I will say, it's a bit stuffy in here," Peter complained idly, waving a hand in front of his mask. "All of this smoke can't be good for the lungs."

"Shut the hell up and get on the ground," the leader of the group demanded, aiming his gun. "I'll give you three secon-"

He was unfortunately cut off by a piece of webbing sticking to his mouth, shutting him up completely. Peter laughed and took a step towards the men, causing them to take two back.

"What? Are you scared of a tiny bit of web?"

MJ shot out a taser web, successfully wrapping it around two of the goons and lifting them up to the ceiling. She spun them around upside down before sending a shockwave through it, making them scream.

Peter, being the little devil he was, shot out two grenade webs, capturing seven of the ten remaining men, trapping them against the floor. He quickly ejected more webbing and stuck the other three to the walls by their hands and feet.

"Well that was quick," Peter laughed, cracking his back. "I thought there'd be more of a fight."

"What'd you expect? They were just some inexperienced crackheads who thought they stood a chance," MJ added, tilting her head.

"Thanks for coming," Natasha said as she stood up, shaking the oversized chains from her wrists. "Shows you're loyal."

"You betcha, Miss Widow," Peter replied. "Now if you'll excuse us, we have a movie to be getting back-" He was cut off by a gasp.

Peter doubled over as he pressed his hands against his abdomen, blood seeping through his gloved fingers. He choked and spat blood onto the ground, faltering where he stood. MJ got him by his arms before he fell to the ground, supporting his full weight as his legs gave out.

"Fucking-dammit," she grumbled, looking over at the gunman who had shot her teammate. "Do you want to die?"

The man shook his head before quickly running out the room. MJ let him escape, shaking her head disapprovingly.

"C'mon, Spidey; stay away, keep your eyes open," she sighed as she lowered Peter to the ground. She glanced back at the Avengers, "are you just gonna stand there or what?"

Natasha was the first to advance, squatting next to the pair. She skimmed her fingers over the bullet hole, causing Peter to hiss painfully.

"Here, let me," MJ said softly before rolling down Peter's suit from his neck, tugging it down his chest after pulling his arms out.

"He's a fucking twig," Steve whispered to Wanda, who slapped him upside the head in response.

MJ stared down at the bloodied skin surrounding the small hole in his stomach, prodding it gently with her finger. She winced slightly when Peter let out a wheeze, his chest heaving unnaturally.

"Do you want me to take it out, or do you want to?"

Steve scoffed. "He can't take that thing out-"

"Let me," Peter coughed out before propping himself up on his elbows.

He quickly rolled up his mask above his mouth, taking in a labored breath. He reached a hand down and seethed when his fingers dipped into the wound, but he still persisted.

"This isn't... very sanitary..." he complained, gritting his teeth.

The Avengers stared with wide eyes as Peter shoved his fingers into the bullet hole, a pained grunt escaping his lips. He pressed harder, feeling tears against his eyelashes as he searched for the lead pellet. A surprised gasp escaped him when his fingers brushed against the bullet, quickly grabbing it and slowly pulling it out. His fingers were coated in blood when they exited the wound, dripping red into his skin.

"There," he breathed out, dropping the bullet onto the ground. He glanced around, locking eyes with MJ. "We need to go—this boat is about to go kaboom."

"You can't walk, dipshit," MJ responded, pressing Peter onto his back. "Do you really think I'm gonna let you go home like this?"

"What other choice do we have?"

MJ reluctantly at Natasha, biting her lip under her mask. Natasha, seeming to understand the silent plea nodded and helped the teenager lift Peter onto their shoulders, the boy hanging helplessly between them as blood steamed down his body.

"Let's go."

>><<

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

remember: drink some water, have a snack, get some sleep and study for your tests. take care of yourselves <3

-tyler