ii.

please point out spelling and/or grammar mistakes! i appreciate them

>><<

"Take that!"

Peter watched as Harley sucker-punched a robber square-across the face, chuckling at the eighteen year old's commentary. Harley was the newest recruit to the team, having only been there for around six months after a terrifying school trip to Oscorp.

That company can't seem to control their damn spiders, apparently.

Harley delivered another punch to the man's cheek before kicking him in the groin, hard. The robber fell to the ground in pain, giving Harley the opportunity to web him to the ground, sticking his hands behind his back. The eighteen year old towered triumphantly over the apprehended criminal, placing his hands on his hips.

"Nice job, Har'," Peter congratulated through the coms, a smile resting on his lips.

Harley whipped around, eyes widening as he looked for his leader. He finally found him, seeing Peter dangling from a building by his knees hooked around a pole. A surprised laugh escaped him, and he offered a wave.

"Thanks Petey," he replied.

Peter waved back before letting go of the pole, falling about twenty feet before catching himself with a web. The seventeen year old web-slinger swung off towards the southeast part of Queens, keeping a watchful eye for any crime.

"Give me all of your fucking money."

Peter's hearing perked at the choice of words spewing from someone's mouth, and he immediately followed the sound. He swung quickly through alleyways and catapulted himself off of streetlights before silently landing on a rooftop, peering down into an alley.

A woman, who couldn't be older than twenty-one was huddled into a corner, clutching onto her purse for dear life. A man was towering over her, a knife raised in his hand. He had her cornered; there was no escape.

"Please don't hurt me," the woman whimpered out, flinching as the man punched the wall next to her head.

"Give me the damn purse, you slut," he growled. The woman hesitantly held her purse out, closing her eyes as she waiting for the man to take it.

The time never came.

When she opened her eyes, she saw the man webbed to the wall, the knife laying helplessly on the ground. He was thrashing around, trying to free himself, but it was to no avail. She looked up to see Peter sitting on a ledge, watching her carefully.

"Th-Thank you, Spider-Man," she breathed out, letting her shoulders relax.

"No problem, ma'am," Peter replied, jumping down from the ledge. "Do you think you'll be fine to walk on your own or do you want me to stick with you?"

The woman swallowed, still shaking from the recent events. "I-If it's okay with you, I would really like that."

"Of course miss." Peter began walking side by side with the woman, ignoring the stares from passerby. "So, what's your name?"

"Leia."

"That's a nice name," Peter said. Leia blushed and nodded in thanks.

It was quiet for a while as they crossed streets and stepped over cracks in the sidewalks. Peter's eyes darted to everyone in his line of sight, looking for any suspicious activity. You could never be sure when the next serial killer would pop out.

"My apartment is around the corner," Leia said, breaking the silence. Peter nodded and followed her right to the door, leaning against the brick wall.

"Have a nice night, ma'am," he stated. Leia grinned.

"You too, Spider-Man. And thanks again."

>><<

"Hot damn I'm exhausted," Harry complained as he fell onto the floor of the living room.

Peter scoffed playfully, delivering a soft kick to his teammates side. The seventeen year old peeled the top half of his suit off, exposing his chest

"Harold, you've been doing this for nearly eleven months now dude, how are you not used to it yet?" he asked, rubbing his hands across his neck.

"Not all of us are as advanced as you, dipshit," Harry remarked, rolling onto his back.

"Peter's got a point though" MJ interjected. "It's almost been a year and yet you still get tired after three hours."

"To be fair, we were out longer than usual," Harley said, making everyone turn towards him. "We're usually out for like six hours, but we were out for eight and a half tonight."

Peter raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Well shit, that explains why the sun is already peaking the horizon," he said, mostly to himself. "Anyway, let's all go get cleaned up and take a few hours to ourselves, then we'll debrief the mission in the meeting room."

"Aye, aye, captain!" MJ snickered before walking off down the hall, pulling her arms out of her suit as she did.

Harley and Harry were the next to go, shouting something about hot water and nap time. This left Peter alone in the living room, and he slowly walked towards the window, keeping his eyes trained on the golden skyline. Sun basked his face and lit up his eyes as he stood, one hand against the glass.

Off in the distance, a small point in the sky peaked his interest. He studied it closely, noting how it got bigger as it seemingly advanced towards him. He squinted, eyes straining to see behind the glass of the cockpit, and once he made out the two figures, his mouth went dry.

Black Widow and Captain America.

Peter quickly ducked behind a curtain, breathing heavy as the boosters of the jet got louder and louder. The engine roared in his ears and he braced himself if by chance they decided to ram into his apartment building, possibly in search for him and his team. Biting his lip, he tried to calm his fast-beating heart, sucking in a large breath and held it.

He balled the top part of his suit in his hands, squeezing his eyes shut tightly. His anxiety was peaking through the roof, possibly as high as the damn moon. Was this the end?

However it was over as quickly as it began, and the roaring of the boosters were quieting down as they sped off in the distance. Peter let out his breath and let go of his suit, relaxing his shoulders. His heart was racing and his chest was heaving as he attempted to calm himself down.

"Peter?"

The seventeen year old whipped around, only to find MJ standing there in some leggings and an old sweater. Her naturally curly hair was tied up in a messy bun and her hands were tucked into the front pocket of her sweater.

"H-Hi, MJ," Peter breathed out, relief flooding his chest. His teammate quirked an eyebrow.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" she asked worriedly, advancing towards her leader. Peter shook his head, running his hand across his face.

"Sorry, I just got a little spooked," he apologized with an embarrassed, tight-lipped smile.

"Oh—well, okay then," MJ said slowly. "Um, do you want me to make you some tea?"

"Yeah sure, uh, green please."

>><<

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

remember: drink some water, have a snack, get some sleep and study for your tests. take care of yourselves <3

-tyler