v.

please point out spelling and/or grammar mistakes! i appreciate them

>><<

"Mr. Parker, what's the answer to number five?"

"1766."

"Correct."

Peter sighed as he doodled a small spider onto his worksheet, holding his head up with one of his palms. Even though he was the crimefighting vigilante Spider-Man at night, he was still boring Peter Parker, nerd supreme during the day.

Luckily for Harry and Harley, they had graduated high school the year prior, leaving Peter and MJ to face the horrors of high school alone for their senior year. MJ was fine with it since she was a total book nerd, but all Peter wanted to do was swing around in his red and blue suit, saving people from muggers and gangs on the streets.

"Psst, Parker, whats the answer to ten?"

Peter looked up to see Cindy Moon leaning over her desk, staring straight at him. He raised an eyebrow and looked down at his paper.

"Civil War," he whispered to her.

Cindy grinned at him before turning back around in her seat, scribbling the answer down on her worksheet. Peter rolled his eyes; since he acted like a huge nerd around his schoolmates, he was obligated to give them answers whenever they needed. Yeah he didn't really mind since he knew everything, but it got to be quite annoying.

A crumbled paper ball hitting the back of his head made Peter turn around, only to get hit in the face with another one. Eugene Thompson, a.k.a "Flash," was snickering, tearing another piece of notebook paper out of his binder, crumpling it in his hands.

Peter rolled his eyes and turned as Flash threw another one, sighing angrily and leaning back in his seat. He decided to try and ignore the paper pellets berating him, but it made little to
no use, as his so called, "Spider-Sense," ticked off in his brain every time Flash tore out a piece of paper.

"Dude, can you stop? Please?" Peter asked, turning around.

"Nope," Flash laughed, throwing another paper ball.

"Mr. Parker, turn around in your seat."

>><<

"Goddamn, it's hot as balls," Peter complained as he dragged his feet alongside MJ.

"Suck it up, buttercup," she replied, adjusting her grip on her books. Peter groaned loudly, making their classmates look at them as they walked down the front steps.

"Why couldn't Harry or Harley pick us up again?" he asked his teammate.

"Peter, they're on a mission, remember?" she answered, rolling her eyes.

"Oh... I forgot about that."

The walk back to the apartment was quite uneventful, apart from helping a couple of old ladies cross the road. It wasn't a long walk, only around twenty minutes, but the two teenagers were exhausted by the time they got to the complex, the immense heat killing their energy.

"I really don't want to go patrolling tonight," Peter groaned, collapsing onto the couch.

"Tell me about it. But we already took a night off last week; we've got to go out tonight," MJ replied, setting her backpack down on the table.

"I know, I know. It's gonna suck without Harry and Harley."

"Speaking of Harry, what's going on with you guys?"

Peter blushed, pressing himself into the couch cushions. He looked down at his lap, biting his bottom lip.

"I don't know, it's kinda like a friends with benefits kinda thing," he shrugged, looking over at his teammate. "I really like him, but I don't think he likes me."

"Bullshit," MJ laughed, sitting down in the chair. "Have you seen the way he looks at you? It's like he's staring at the heavens or something."

"Really?" Peter asked, tilting his head. MJ nodded.

"Really. He's head over heels for you," she stated. Peter grinned, showing off his dimples.

"Thanks MJ."

"Anytime, loser."

"Well... now what?"

"We should probably do our homework and shit now so we can get out to patrol on time."

>><<

Harry looked over at Harley, raising his eyebrows.

"How in the hell did you manage to get stuck in the fucking vines?" he asked incredulously, throwing his arms up. Harley grinned cheekily before his mask rebuilt itself around his face.

"Stop judging me and help me get out of here dipshit," he laughed through the metal.

"No, no, no. You're the dipshit, Harls'," Harry replied.

Harry tore a couple of vines apart, allowing his teammate to move forward, face-planting into the dirt. He laughed as Harley let out a groan, rolling onto his back.

"Dude, why'd you let me fall?" he whined, throwing his arms into his air.

"Because you're an idiot," Harry chuckled before helping his friend onto his feet. "Now come on, we've got a mission to complete."

You see, Harry and Harley were on an important mission: infiltrate the HYDRA base located in the Amazon. Sounds like a complicated task, right? Well, it wasn't for the duo; they've taken out two hundred bases in the past, so why would this be any more difficult?

Harry carefully peered around a tree, eyeing a suspicious looking mound of dirt about fifty meters ahead. It was obvious to the trained eye, but any normal passerby would assume it was nature doing its thing. Fortunately for the team members, they could spot an undercover base anywhere.

"You take north, I'll go south," Harry told Harley, nodding his head in the direction of the mound. The younger of the two nodded before hurrying off, squatting low to the forest floor.

Harry began creeping his way through shrubbery and trees, his breath catching in his throat as he saw a soldier emerge from the mound. Said soldier peered around the forest, hand resting on the gun attached to his hip, and went back in, confirming Harry's suspicions.

Harley pressed himself to the grassy floor as the soldier returned, this time with a companion. Their guns were raised as they made their way through the plants and vines, looking wildly around the forest.

Harley held his breath the two soldiers passed by him, thanking the gods that he wasn't found. However, two hands on his shoulders made him nearly scream as he turned around, eyes widening.

Black Widow stood over him, the Avengers standing behind her. She smile sweetly at the masked teen, removing her hands from him.

"So, Diamond-Spider, what brings you here?"

>><<

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

remember: drink some water, have a snack, get some sleep and study for your tests. take care of yourselves <3

-tyler