16

"(Name), hold my hand.'" I looked to see the inventor in a suit. He never wears a suit, not even for award ceremonies. I grabbed his hand as I held onto a boquete of flowers.

"Mind you step, little scientist."

I was in heels and we were going towards a large set of mahogany doors.

"I'm so happy I was able to see this..to see you so happy with someone.."

The doors open to reveal the bright church and the long blue carpet that led to...Edward..he wore a white tuxedo as his long wavy hair was held back. He was smiling and watched me walk down the carpet to him.

"I knew he could be the only one for you...the only one who could keep up with you.." the inventor held my hand the whole way down. The handed me to Edward.

"Do you take (name) to be your wife?" The priest asked.

"I do."

"Do you take Edward to be your husband "

I feel the big smile I had, the feeling was so strange, but familiar, I never felt so happy before, never so complete. The long suffocating loneliness had left me alone and Edward was there, holding my hand as if he's been here yesterday, a life time ago, and in the future to hold me forever in his arms.

" I do." I felt the rush of love flooding my senses and what I held in my hands was everything I ever wanted, it was Edward.

"If there are any objections, speak now,"

I looked around to see if there was anyone, I looked for the inventor, but he wasn't here.

My parents were looking right at me and scoffed. The nuns who disciplined me harshly shook their head.

Then, I saw the girl who cried so many tears and screamed her head off but no one was listening, as if she was stuck under water with chains circulating her like snakes.

"You promised."

"I-I" I felt my head turn blank, and the walls were closing in on me.

"You promised!"

"W-where is he...inventor-"

I saw his back as the doors were closing behind him.

"No! Wait! Don't abandon me!"

The doors closed and the sound filled the space between my ears. My breath was ragged and the everything seemed to be too bright and so empty.

"You promised me...that I would never allow anyone to leave me again! That I would leave them! That I wouldn't be so sad! "

I covered my ears and knelt down into myself.

Everything went dark, and I could feel the rain soaking my clothes.
I didn't mean to say I love you, I didn't mean to have these emotions for him. I went to him to see what the inventor made to replace me! But then...but it became so real, so easy to be with him, so natural...i didn't mean to make him cry, I didn't mean for any of this! I only wanted love..I didn't want l be thrown away again!