13

Lyra

"I love you, Lyra. You're the one I want to spend my forever with. I want to grow old with you, my dear..." Alex stands in front of me, his face all bruised; Aryse stands a few feet behind him, tears streaming down his face. He's yelling something, but I can't hear what he's saying. I start to walk towards him; Alex grabs my hand and pulls me away from Aryse's direction. "If you get pregnant, the baby isn't mine."

I wake up in a panic. Tears down my cheeks and covered in sweat, I take a deep breath. I look at my alarm clock, it's a little past six. I have to be up in thirty minutes so I decide to just get up now and walk to the bathroom. Staring at myself in the mirror, I look down at my stomach. I sigh and try to hold back the tears. Is it possible for me to get pregnant? Did Alex really mean what he said? If I do pregnant, what am I going to do?.. I can't have this happen so soon.. I'm in highschool.. A year before I graduate.. I take another deep breath and get in the shower. I take a hot shower, and stay in there until I hear my six-thirty alarm go off.

Alex

Last night I dreamt that Lyra told me she was pregnant. I tried to run to her but Aryse got to her before I did. He had his arm wrapped around her.. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't reach them.

Aryse is always right there for Lyra.. Always. I just don't get it. He's the one who hurt her, he's the reason she tried to kill herself, but yet, she runs to him every time something is wrong. Fuck Aryse. One day, he's going to get what he deserves. And I will be there to watch him fall.

Court day.. end me please. My lawyer hasn't been very reasonable with me. He's an ass and won't listen to my explanation, so this court session is going to be a very shitty one for me. Lucky me.

"Your Honor, I'm here on the behalf of the defendant, Alexander Sin. On Tuesday November twelfth, two thousand-nineteen, Miss Lyra Tate filed a complaint on Mr. Sin complaining of him drugging her and touching her without her permission. I have spoken privately with Sin and he claims that Tate begged him to have sex with her, claiming as he quoted, "Lyra said she wanted to have sex with me, so she could get pregnant." If this is true, then this court hearing is no longer needed."

"I beg your pardon, Your Honor. May I speak?" A tall thin man stands up. I'm guessing this is Lyra's lawyer..

"Please do." The judge looks annoyed and I smile a little to myself.

"I am here for Ms. Lyra Tate, who put in a complaint, as already said, against Mr. Alexander Sin. Tate has spoken to me previously before this hearing, explaining where she was and what she was doing before Sin asked to see her.

"Tate had stated that she was with a friend at the time, Ms. Annalyse Stantin. She claims to have been in her own bedroom discussing common things with Stantin, when a friend of Sin texted Stantin saying that Sin wanted to know where Tate was, because he wanted to see her. Tate then went to see Sin, and then saw that they were alone, and that this friend of Sin had left. Sin then proceeded to convince Tate to have sex with him; harassing her for being a virgin. Ms. Tate denied his request, and that's when Sin pulled out a rag and covered Tate's mouth and nose causing her to breathe in the drug. He then took her to his house and had sex with her while she was still unconscious. Now, Your Honor, I have printed out the text from Ms. Statin's phone if you would like to see them." He pulls out some papers from his briefcase and I feel myself start to panic.

"Bring them to me." The judge takes the papers from the lawyer as he walks up there and hands them to her. The judge leans back into the seat to glance at the papers; I lean forward to try to catch a glimpse of Lyra.

She's sitting there looking sad and serious at the same time. If I make it out of here not guilty, I'm going to make her pay for this. I'm going to fuck her til she screams my name, begging me to stop."

"Tell me, Ms. Tate. You were with Stantin at the time of this text message, correct?"

"Yes, Your Honor." Her voice sounds scared and serious at the same time.

"And you made the choice to go see Sin, correct?"

"Yes."

"Did you know his intentions before you made the decision to see him?"

"No."

The judge hands the papers back to the judge; she folds her hands on the desk and clears her throat. She then turns to me. "Mr. Sin, please tell me what exactly your intentions were with Ms. Tate."

I take a deep breath. "I just wanted to be the one to help her grow up. She wanted me to, but she was just too afraid to admit it. I was just-"

"I did not want it! You liar!"

The judge turns to look at Lyra. "Ms. Tate, please let Mr. Sin continue." The judge turns back to me. "Please continue."

I smile in Lyra's direction. "I was just trying to be nice about it, but she was being so forceful towards me about wanting me to have sex with her at that moment. I tried to refuse, Your Honor, but she grabbed my hand and demanded that I take her to my house and have sex with her." I hear a sob and I'm pretty sure it was Lyra.

"Your Honor, Tate has stated that Sin drugged her and had sex with her in his bedroom while she was unconscious. Sin seems to have stated otherwise. Please, Mr. Sin, tell me. If all you wanted was to see Tate and speak with her, how did she come about wanting to have sex with you? What were you having a conversation about?"

I really hate her lawyer, whoever he is. I clear my throat.

"I just wanted to check up on her after her friend beat the shit out of me. I was just wanting to know if her and I were still friends. And then she asked me if I have ever had sex before."

"And what was your answer?"

"Yes, I have."

"Then what did she say?"

"She asked me if I would ever want to have sex with her."

"And your answer was?"

"Yes." I hear another sob from Lyra again.

"Ms. Tate, are you alright?" The judge looks at Lyra.

She sniffles and then clears her throat. "He's lying, Your Honor. I would never put myself out there like that. I have more respect for myself than to do something like that."

"Every teenage girl has intentions to do something as this. I'm not saying that you're lying, Tate, I'm simply stating that a normal teenage girl, such as yourself, have done things such as having sex at a young age." The judge clears her throat and turns to the gallery. "This has been a serious case. I have made a decision about this case. Ms. Lyra Tate claiming to have touched by Mr. Alexander Sin without her permission. I have been clearly informed about Tate's whereabouts during the time before her meeting with Mr. Sin." She raises the mallot and I feel my stomach drop; I feel nauseous. "I hearby declare Mr. Alexander Tate guilty! He will spend a year in juvenile hall until his eighteenth birthday on September 4th, where he will serve another two years in prison. Case closed." She hits the mallot down.

"Fuck this!! You're all liars!" I continue to scream all the way out into the hallway, as they grab me and drag me out.

I yell over my shoulder at Lyra. "See you in three years, my dear." The doors slam shut behind me and they handcuff me and put me in a police car.