2

Lyra

I do still think about Aryse Baylor. The boy I'm in love with. The boy who broke my heart. But also the boy who held me in his arms while we watched the sunset. Our last moment together. The boy who as I was leaving ran up to me and hugged me, he slipped a piece of paper in my back pocket, kissed my cheek and said goodbye. Aryse, the boy who I am in love with..
I read his letter over and over when I'm feeling down. It comforts me knowing he took the time to write a letter for me explaining his feelings. He's an asshole but he's also kind and caring. He's been here for me when I needed someone. And now that I don't have him, I find myself staring at the sunset from my bedroom window, remembering that night we shared with each other.
~~~
"Hi, I'm Anna. I'll be your friend and show you around. What's your name?" Anna. She's a brunette, bright hazel eyes, lightly tanned skin. She's pretty I guess. She reminds me of Addison in a way..
"Lyra." I reply. And hold out my hand, she shakes it and gives me a warm smile. I smile back.
"So just a warning, the boys here are all assholes. Do you have a boyfriend? I mean a girl as beautiful as you must have a boyfriend." She looks at me with hopeful eyes.
"I- uh.. no I don't." I smile at her, trying to hide the hurt I feel from losing Aryse.
"Oh, sorry for asking. Anyway let me see your schedule." I hand her my schedule and she gasps. "You have a class with Alex Sin. Lucky.."
I raise my eyebrows at her. "Who is Alex Sin?" Any boy with 'Sin' as his last name, can't be good..
"The most popular boy at Kingston Academy! Every girl dreams of being his. He's single, but turns down every girl who dares to ask for his love." She sighs. Clearly this girl is in love with this Alex person. I'd have to see for myself just how amazing he is. The dude sounds like an asshole for turning down all the girls he comes in contact with. He must enjoy being single.
"You okay? You were like staring off in the distance." Anna looks at me concerned.
I wave her off. "I'm okay." I reply.
"Good, let's get to class before we get a write up." She grabs my hand and leads me to our first class.

Aryse

The day cannot go by any slower. Oh my god.. It's only second period and I feel like I've been here all day. I haven't been able to focus at all, not even bothering to write down the notes from the white board. It's not needed. Instead I find myself writing to her again..
The bell rings for second period to me over. I grab my backpack and hurry to my next class before any stops me to talk. I'm not in the mood for a conversation..

Lyra

As the day seems to drag on, this new school isn't that bad. I met Anna the minute I walked into the office. She seems to be nice. I guess we're friends. The classes are the same as my old school. The uniforms are a bit different. The colors, gold and blue are everywhere so I assume those are the school colors. This is just a basic academy very different from the Toronto academy for talented students. I haven't told anyone about my last school. I just want to fit in and not have to worry about becoming popular just because of my past and where I came from or who my father is.. Jace Tate. Fashion designer and only the top magazine producer for Teen Style magazine.. Yeah me being popular? Not my thing.. Here I can start over and start new things. I'm a bit excited to see how this new school, new life is going to go.
I'm not going to think about Aryse. He's in the past and I need to move on. I can't let my feelings hold me back from starting fresh in this new school, new life. I won't think of him. I have to move on. It's for the best.