8

Lyra

I'm seeing Alex again today. I'm so excited to see him again. Last night was so fun.

Hayden

  I don't need Aryse.. I don't need Aryse.. I need Aryse... I don't..
  Sigh.. If I wouldn't have done what I did, I'd still be with him right now. He wouldn't be mad at me.. I fucked up and lost my best friend.. I don't need him anyway.
  I get out my phone and text Addison and ask her if she can come over. She shows up a few minutes later.
  "Hey. I heard about you and Aryse. Sadie told me."
  I roll my eyes. "Of course she did."
  Addison walks over to me and hugs me. "I really am sorry. It's my fault." She let's go of me and looks at the floor.
  "No it's not; It's mine. I shouldn't have-"
  "Actually it doesn't matter. Aryse has his head full of Lyra anyway. He doesn't even care, and now that he has you out of his life he can focus on what he wants which of course is Lyra." Addison gives me a sly smile.
  "You're right I guess. He did always seem to be a bit distracted. Ever since she left he's been so distant and not himself."
  "So, you don't need him, Hayden. Forget about him. Plus you have me." She giggles and sits down on my bed.
  "Sadie will be home at 9.. maybe you should go."
  "It won't take long." She smiles at me again.
  I look over at my alarm clock it reads 7:15pm. I sigh. "Alright fine." I take off my shirt and and takes off her clothes. She takes her ponytail out and lays down on the bed.
~~~

Lyra

"You're as beautiful as ever, Lyra." Alex is holding my hand as we walk down the trail in the park. It's a beautiful Sunday morning. Warm and slightly breezy.
  "Why thank you, Alex." I smile and he blushes.
  "It's such a beautiful day. What should we do?" Alex looks up at the sky. No clouds just a beautiful blue sky.
  "Anything you want as long as it doesn't involve jumping off a cliff." We both laugh.
  "How about we go back to the waterfall? Just you and me."
I squeeze his hand lightly. "Sounds good to me."
  His phone dings and he takes it out to look at it.
  "Everything okay?" I ask.
  "Yeah. It's Sage. He said Aryse Baylor is wanting to see Lyra Tate?"
  I let go of his hand and look at the ground.
  "Tate? I know Jace Tate has a daughter but I don't know her name." Alex looks at me in shock. "Lyra?! Your last name is Tate?"
  Without looking at him I reply, "Yeah. What's it matter?.."
  "Why didn't you tell me?" He looks a bit hurt.
  "Because I don't want you to like me just because of my last name. I wanted a new start. Yeah my last name is Tate, but that shouldn't define who I am."
  "You still should have told me. What does Aryse Baylor want with you anyway?"
  I tear up at the thought of Aryse. It's been almost a month since I've talked to him or seen him. "He was my best friend."
  "Oh wow. That's awesome."
  I glare at him.
  "Sorry."
  "It's fine. I just don't know if I want to see him. I've been doing so well to keep him out of my mind."
  "Alright then I can just tell Sage you don't want to."
  "No! I want to see him, I think." Wait. How does Sage even know Aryse?.. I look at Alex. "How does Sage know Aryse?" I ask.
  "Hayden and Sadie are his little siblings."
  So Sage is a Kanter?  I could have guessed that..  "So why is he here and not like out there being famous?"
  "It's not his thing. He hates the attention. He's like the family disappointment who refused to be in the public media. So he lives here with his grandparents out of the public eye. Not many people even know he's a Kanter. And he prefers it that way."
  "That's weird." I reply.
  "Right. If I were him I'd love the media in my life." He smiles slightly.
  "I don't think you would though. Honestly it's kinda overwhelming at times." I smile back at him.  
  "Sage said Aryse will be in town tomorrow for a photo shoot and he said he can arrange for you two to meet up if you want."
  "Sure. That's fine." I turn away and wipe a tear from my eye.
  "Awesome." He puts his phone back in his pocket. "Waterfall?" He looks at me with hopeful eyes.
  "Yes." I smile.
~~~

Aryse

  I get to see Lyra today. I can't help but smile to myself.

Lyra

  "Aryse should be here soon." I'm sitting on a bench in the park, Anna sitting beside me. "And please for the love of God, do not freak out when he gets here." I glare at Anna. She's been talking nonstop about meeting him ever since I asked her to come with me last night.
  "I promise." She gives me a childish smile.
  I see him walking to us. I stand up and start walking towards him. He sees me and starts running towards me and I do the same. I reach him and he immediately pulls me into a hug. I breathe in his scent and tear up.
  "Lyra..I missed you so much." His voice.. his fucking handsome voice.. 
  "I missed you, Aryse. So much."
  He lets go of me and looks at me. "Still as beautiful as ever." He smiles at me and I feel myself blush.
  Anna clears her throat interrupting our moment. I glare at her and she smiles.
"Um who is this?" Aryse raises a eyebrow.
"I'm Anna. Lyra's friend. And you are Aryse Baylor. The Aryse Baylor. And I'm talking to you right now." She smiles and Aryse takes a step back.
"Heh okay. Well hi Anna."
Anna smiles and immediately her smile fades. "Incoming." Is all she says.
I turn to look and see Alex walking toward us. Oh boy... this won't end very well..
"Aye it's Aryse Baylor. Aka the asshole who is responsible for Lyra being upset every time she talks about you or when someone mentions your name." He smiles at Aryse. Aryse just stared blankly at him.
"What?.. I haven't-" Aryse starts.
"Oh cut the shit, Baylor. I don't know what you did to her but she can't even think about you without tearing up. You fucked her up dude." Alex walks closer and looks Aryse up and down. "You're the reason Lyra is here."
Aryse looks at me and I put my head down not able to look him in the eyes. "Lyra.. is that true?"
"No.." I can feel the sting of tears in my eyes.
"She can't even look you in the face. That's just sad." Next thing I know Alex stumbles backwards and covers his face with his hand. He takes his hand off his face and his hand comes back with blood on it.
"Shut the fuck up, Alex. No one likes you. You are a worthless, piece of shit who sleeps with girls and leaves them once you're tired of them." Aryse smirks at Alex and Alex throws a punch but Aryse grabs his hand and punches him in the face. "Can't touch me, Sin. Remember 4th grade? Or do I need to remind you again?" Alex backs up. Aryse moves closer to him. He grabs Alex by the shirt and hits hard in the face, Alex falls to the ground.
"Okay...please stop. I'm sorry.."
"No. Not that easy, not with me." Aryse gets on top of him and does a few more hits before it's too much.
"Aryse, stop. Aryse!" I scream at him. "Stop! You're gonna hurt him."
Aryse gets up and looks at me. "You are making a bad mistake, Lyra. Alex isn't good enough for you."
"And you are?" I say the words without even thinking. I regret them as soon as they come out..
"Fuck this. Fuck him. I don't give a shit, but don't come crying to me when he breaks your heart!" Aryse takes a deep breath. I recognize this as he does this to keep himself from crying.
"Aryse, you need to leave." Anna says. "Just go. You've done enough."
"I'm sorry, Lyra. I hope you have a nice life not having to worry about me being here for you anymore." He half smiles, half frowns and turns to walk away.
Aryse Baylor.. I'm not sure I know who he is anymore..