26.Near Misses

FORGIVE ME I THOUGHT I UPLOADED A MONTH AGO!

*cont'd from Maureen's pov. 

I saw red. Pure red. How could she be pregnant? Rage pumped in my blood as anger blurred my vision as I lunged at Cammy.

"You alright?"

The sound of a vaguely familiar male voice brought my vision- or should i say nightmare- to a sharp end. Tristan.

"Yeah.. I'm... I'm good" I said, barely above a whisper as I attempted to figure out what was going on in my mind. Was this some kind of deja vu? "Is Cammy home?"

"Erm nah she-"

"Okay thanks" With that, I dropped the bag and ran. I ran and didn't stop. Everything was happening too fast. What if that wasn't a vision I had? What if it was a premonition?

As I bent a sharp corner I just missed a collision with a small, black cat. Well, I highly doubt it was a 'cat'. Call it superstitious, but I am Nigerian. Those black furry things that look like cats, they're too smart. Despite my sudden appearance, it did not move.

Vicious, vivid, emerald orbs piercing deep..the wind whistled around us; me and this feline creature.

I snapped out of the trance. You see what I mean- demons. I remembered why I was in a rush and journeyed on, paranoia a creeping, burning sensation inside me. I didn't want this to be real. If it was... I wouldn't know what to do.

I was running into a slighlty more populated area, so I slowed my pace. Remembering the text I received within the dream, I dug in my khaki style jacket to retrieve my phone.

"Ugh" I rolled my eyes: it was switched off. I pushed the 'on' button and wiped the slow bead of sweat approaching my cheekbone.

A tall figure emerged from the end of the road. My pace fastened.

 I resisted the urge to shout Omaari's name. Besides the fact that it may not be him, I didn't want to draw attention. That said, by now, I was stifling a sprint to get to the house. The wind cooled me down and urged me on. Damn, this felt surreal. I slowed at the door step, not wanting to make any noise. I  looked at my phone while creeping up the stairs to discover an unread text. Being clumsy me, I dropped the phone causing it to break open. Great.

As I pieced it together, I heard Cammy's voice, reminding me about my vision and bringing panic over me again. I was so confused. What the hell was going on? I didn't know whether to be scared or angry or.. to just play it off. I mean, this isn't Final Destination, and I never have premonitions like this. De ja vu, maybe. But never premonitions. And yet, everything seemed to be playing out exactly as I had envisioned it barely a half-hour ago.

I ran to Omar's bedroom, to find Cammy...

Devontae;

WaveyD; PING!!

 There was no reply for a while, I was about to try Jeramiah again before my phone vibrated.

ChristianVanHovD, sorry bro, I've been out of town for a bit

                               -Had to help my nan w/ her new place

                               -What's eveyone saying tho

WaveyD;  Fam you been MIA

               Yeah man I'm good

              Loooool you're nan. Bare chatting to me in Dutch like I understood

ChristianVanHov; LOOOL

                                 you know she loves you, she was asking after  you aswell

WaveyD; *gassed emoji*

ChristianVanHov; sideman

WaveyD; leave it. You coming Aneesha's drink up tonight? Or are you still bein a good boy

ChristianVanHov; -.- looool shutup

                                      might aswell, gonna be out of London again soon

WaveyD;           swear, for what

ChristianVanH: I got into uni fam :D

WaveyD; Ahhhh swear?! My niggaa, which one

ChristianVanHov; Manchester, kinda long but idm mann 

MANCHESTER?.... I know someone in Manchester, I'm sure of it

 But who?

Maureen;

"Are you alright there babe?"

I immediately stopped breathing so hard and tried to regain composure.

"Uh, yeah, yeah I'm fine. Wh-what are you doing here?"

Cammy looked at me oddly before replying slowly "Getting the stuff for Devontae's bday?"

I nodded, remembering and wiped my sweaty palms of my dungaree bottoms. While doing so I happened to muttering along the lines of  "It was just a vision, no Omari.." Then I snapped to reality and asked "Where is Omaari?"

"Oh he just went to the back to get stuff, I don't even know. Anyways I'm leaving soon, he tld me you guys have a little "jamming" sesh planned" she said with a wink.

I laughed and muttered "Right it's all ok, the vision wasnt real, no underwear, no pregnancy"

Cammy coughed and looked startled "P-Pregnancy?!..."

"Yeah.. dont worry, I just had this crazy stupid vision that.." I stopped talking as I realised the horror on her face "Wait, Cammy... are you pregnant?" 

*short chap after literally so long, sorry! Leave feedback and ideas for future chapters! Mwah.

 >Christian is back?

>What is going on with Cammy ?