Chapter Eighteen

Hadley opened her eyes, only to close them again at the blaring light

Hadley opened her eyes, only to close them again at the blaring light. She was hit with a huge headache and groaned. Hangover. She sighed heavily and then suddenly realised there were arms wrapped around her. Franky.

"Fuck." She muttered as she moved to sit up, rubbing her face with her hands. Franky had been half-asleep but Hadley's movements had woken him completely. He looked up at her and smiled softly.

"Morning," He muttered as he moved so he was on his back.

"That's all you have to say?" Hadley questioned, looking down at him before burying her face in her hands.

"Would you rather me say what I'm actually thinking?" He asked as he ran his fingers through his hair, smirking a bit. She lifted her head and looked at him.

"Do I even want to know?" She sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Well, it went something like: 'Holy shit, I'm in bed with one of the most gorgeous women on the Isle. Did we fuck again? Wow, I must be a good fuck or she just likes me. Huh, weird.' it was either that or 'Fucking hell, she's gorgeous'," He said as he sat up. She rolled her eyes and just flopped back onto the bed, pulling a pillow over her face.

"Yep. I definitely didn't want to know." She muttered into the pillow. He chuckled at her and gently lifted the pillow up.

"Why are you hiding?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Because my head hurts now shut the fuck up and give me the pillow." She muttered, snatching the pillow from him. He pouted and just let her have it, lying next to her.

"I can try and find some painkillers?" He suggested as he gently began to trace circles on her arm, smiling softly.

"I don't need or want anything else from you." She muttered, sitting up and throwing the pillow at his face. She moved to sit on the edge of the bed, rubbing her face with her hands again. He sighed softly and gently took her arm.

"I just want to help," He muttered as he shuffled so he was next to her.

"We've spent our whole lives on the Isle, help doesn't exist." She muttered, looking down at the floor. He ran his fingers through his hair and then gently pushed her chin to look at him.

"It does. Some people don't want to help but there are people who do. Kenzie and me. We want to help and be there for you, Hadley," He muttered as he gently caressed her cheek.

"Yeah well I thought that about Harry." She mumbled in response, turning her face away from him and standing up. She began to hunt on the floor for her clothes.

"He was always an asshole. Just stay here and talk to me, Hadley," He muttered as he moved off the bed, pulling his boxers on, "Please," He muttered.

"Why? I'm sure I've already bored you enough with my pathetic sob stories." She muttered, pulling on her underwear and putting on her bra. He gently took her hand and turned her around so she was facing him. He tilted her chin up so she was looking at him.