Chapter Eight

Hadley had wandered around the Isle for hours, and she'd somehow ended up with a bottle of alcohol

Hadley had wandered around the Isle for hours, and she'd somehow ended up with a bottle of alcohol. She was now sat on the cold floor in an alleyway, crying and sobbing and drinking the alcohol. She hadn't reached this much of a low point in years. But she didn't know how to control herself.

"Hadley Underworld was not who I expected to see when I heard crying outside my house." A voice came from the entrance of the alleyway. Hadley looked in the direction of where the voice had come from.

"Fuck off. I've had a bad day." She muttered, taking another drink from her bottle. "And no, life as Captain isn't all rainbows and fucking sunshine." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm honestly not surprised by that." He shrugged, his gaze fixed on the girl, "Do you wanna come in? Less likely for the rest of the pirate crew to find you and have another thing to take the piss out of you with." He suggested, leaning against the wall in the alley. Hadley looked at the boy.

"Who the fuck even are you?" She asked. "My problems are my own problems. The pirates can do what they want. I can handle them and myself." She said, taking another swig of alcohol.

"I'm Franky." He introduced glancing around. He was surprised how deserted the street was, "I know your problems are your own but do you really want Uma taking over again because they have no respect for you?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"They're never going to fucking respect a blueberry. And Uma can kiss my ass." Hadley scoffed and then started to giggle. "Oh wait... nevermind. She got close enough." She laughed to herself, taking another drink from her bottle.

"Well, throw them overboard if they are an asshole." He shrugged, ignoring her comment about Uma, "You know, despite what people say, drinking your feelings away isn't the best way to go." He informed her, "Mind, that's the way most people go." He added with a shrug.

"Well, do you have a better idea, smartass?" Hadley questioned, dropping her now empty alcohol bottle to the floor beside her. "And throwing them overboard, I'd love to. Why don't I drop myself deeper into social suicide and be deemed a murderer and a slut? What a great idea." She clapped slowly, leaning back against the wall behind her.

"I'm pretty sure you've murdered before so I'm not sure why that's not been deemed a title for you yet. Well, I think the best way is either getting so drunk that you pass out and just sleep for a good few days. Or distract yourself by doing literally anything else." He shrugged after a moment.

"Of course I've murdered people before. Just got close to murdering Mother Gothel too." Hadley responded. "Well I can't get drunk because I don't have anymore alcohol and getting more would mean going to the chip shop and if you couldn't tell, I'm avoiding that stupid place." She grumbled, picking at her nails.

"Well, I have multiple bottles inside since my dad likes to drink his feelings. Mind, he is Zeus knows where and I highly doubt he'd notice a few bottles missing." He shrugged, his gaze moving off her and he looked around the street once more. His dad was nowhere in sight and probably wouldn't be around for a few more hours. Hadley rose an eyebrow at Franky and tilted her head. She did need an excuse not to go back to the chip shop. And she did need to be off the streets.