Chapter Three

After leaving the chip shop, Hadley headed straight towards the place she knew she could be free

After leaving the chip shop, Hadley headed straight towards the place she knew she could be free. Her safe haven. Her... half empty safe haven. For someone was missing from it.
Hadley climbed up onto the roof that was attached to the once home of Greyson Gothel. The window was still open from when she had left out of it the last time they were in there together. Slowly, she stepped through the window, quietly in hopes to not alert her presence to Mother Gothel or anyone else who may be inside.

The room felt awfully empty. She looked around the room. Grey's bed still unmade. It had been months. Hadley ran her hand across the creased sheets, letting out a soft sigh. She stepped around the room and noticed a pile of junk in the corner near Grey's closet. She knelt down beside the pile and started to sift through the stuff. The first thing she picked up was a pair of Grey's underwear. She scrunched up her face instantly.

"Really Grey?" She muttered as she tossed the underwear aside. She then picked up a t-shirt, still enhanced with his scent. Inhaling it only made her miss him even more. She clutched the shirt as a frown spread across her lips. She heaved a small sigh and placed the t-shirt on her lap. It didn't really matter if she stole it. He wouldn't know. But maybe... she wanted him to know. Maybe she wanted him to be annoyed at her for stealing one of his shirts without permission. But that could never happen again.

Hadley shook herself from her thoughts and continued to look through the pile. She raised an eyebrow, reaching into the pile and holding a strap of some sort. She pulled it up to reveal one of her bras.

"What the fuck?" She thought aloud. Why did he just casually have one of her bras? "For fuck sake Grey." She shook her head, laughing slightly. She tossed the bra aside with an eyeroll. The next thing she picked out was a piece of paper scrunched up into a ball. She furrowed her eyebrows slightly as she opened the paper up. She began to smile as she read the note.

'My house after 4?'

It was the note Grey had thrown at Hadley one very boring English lesson once. She smiled softly at the memory and placed the note on top of the t-shirt on her lap. She was just continuing to look through the pile when all of a sudden, something caught Hadley's eye. Buried beneath a bunch of random stuff was a camera. A broken camera with a crack through the lense, but still a camera nevertheless. Hadley picked it up, inspecting it, and suddenly, she felt a smile spreading across her lips as a memory resurfaced.

**

"What the fuck is this?" Hadley turned to Grey, holding up an object in her hand. "You have a camera?" She questioned.

"Yeah." He nodded, shifting around and picking up some of the shirts that were lying around. He pushed them to the side. "Found it a couple months ago in the shipment. There was a lot of film in a round box and I think I got it working because it made pulling sounds so... try not to break it." He explained.

"The faith you have in me," She shook her head, holding a hand to her chest in fake shock. "I'm not the stupid one here." She said, inspecting the camera. Without a word, Grey grabbed one of his sweaty shirts and aimed it, making it hit her in the back of the head