Chapter Twenty-Four

Hadley made her way down the mine track, not bothering to use the ridiculously slow cart

Hadley made her way down the mine track, not bothering to use the ridiculously slow cart. She walked the whole way, trying to compose herself a bit before she had to face her dad. She was still crying, she really cared about Franky and had been falling for him, but she did half-expect his care for her was too good to be true. Everyone she let in always let her down, Harry, Freddie, Franky, even Greyson in a way. She needed the truth now, she was sick of lies and being used.

Hadley came to the clearing, stood up on one of the rocks, staring down at her snoring father Hades. Sprawled out on his chair with his ridiculous sunglasses over his eyes. The table beside him holding his precious, yet powerless ember. Hadley took a deep breath, wiping the tears from her eyes, before she began to make her way down. Her hands brushing against the rocky walls covered in white and blue chalk tally markings, just proof of how much sanity her dad lost being stuck here. She slowly approached him, watching him closely as she let out a sigh. She then cleared her throat, trying to bring attention to herself.

"What do you want?" Hades spoke, his body not moving apart from a small roll of his neck. Hadley cleared her throat, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Dad." She said simply. A smirk suddenly spread across Hades' lips as he slowly sat up, removing his sunglasses.

"Well, well, well. What a strange sight," He said, a smirk on his lips as he got to his feet and walked towards his daughter. He stood about an inch away from her, causing her to cane her neck up to look at his face. "As if it isn't my darling daughter." He added, reaching out to touch her hair. However, Hadley quickly grabbed his wrist and forced it back down.

"I'm afraid this isn't a pleasure visit. I need to talk to you. You might wanna sit down." Hadley responded bluntly, gently pushing Hades back a bit via his stomach. Hades chuckled and spun around, slumping back down in his chair.

"You know, I barely recognised you with that grey hair. It's not a good look on you." He commented, his eyebrows raised as he looked her up and down.

"I don't care about your opinion on my hair. What I do care about is you telling me about whatever deal you had with Freddie Facilier." Hadley said, her voice raising a bit as she crossed her arms over her chest. Hades plastered a look of shock on his face.

"Oh, so that's why you're here. She cracked and told you." He chuckled, leaning back and positioning his hands behind his head.

"Only because I almost strangled her to death." Hadley muttered, rolling her eyes slightly. "But she didn't have the chance to tell me the whole story before she passed out. So, tell me, dear ol' dad. What the fuck kind of deal did you make with her?" Hadley asked, tapping her foot against the floor as her impatience became more evident. Hades chuckled again and sat up.

"Now that's my daughter. Using torture to get people to tell you what you want," Hades said, getting to his feet again. "But, also giving me what I want at the same time." He added as he stepped towards her again.

"Stop beating around the bush and just fucking tell me about the deal!" Hadley snapped, her hands balling into annoyed fists.

"Ooh, keep your flame under control." Hades chuckled, gently tapping Hadley's chin with his finger. Hadley scrunched her face up and turned her head away. "Well, I made the deal with Freddie that if she could get you down here to me, then I'd let her little sister free of being my errand rat." Hades explained. "And she succeeded! And now we have much to discuss." Hades smirked, grabbing Hadley's hand and pulling her to sit on the chair with him. Hadley shuffled away and crossed her arms over her chest.

"And why the hell should I have one conversation with you?" She questioned. Hades stood up and began to walk in circles around Hadley as she watched him closely.

"Well, you have nowhere else to go right? You don't have your little pirate boyfriend anymore. That new boytoy you had, well he was only temporary wasn't he? And, you don't have that Gothel kid, he's partying in Auradon with his princess girlfriend and your sister." Hades explained, a smirk appearing on his lips once again.

"His name is Greyson, not 'Gothel kid' and how do you know-- wait... what?" Hadley's eyes widened as she finally realised what her father had said. Sister. "Who the fuck is my sister?" She questioned, giving Hades a confused and shocked look. Hades laughed and sat down beside Hadley, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"Well, I found everything out from Freddie first of all of course and second, your sister. Little miss princess Mally of course," Hades responded, Hadley's widening in shock. "She never told you? All that time you spent together when you were kids, I thought for sure she'd have told you." He added, his tone laced in fake shock.

"No... she failed to tell me. And so did you!" Hadley exclaimed, quickly standing up and glaring down at Hades.

"Well I never had the chance to. You never came to see me, but Mal. Well, you were with her all the time before she escaped to Auradon and left us here stranded." Hades pointed out, standing up again. Hadley's expression weakened to one of shock and hurt. How could Mal have kept that a secret? Not only from Hadley but from everyone else?

"Yeah... I was..." Hadley muttered, her gaze on the floor.

"Just another person to add to the list of people who betrayed you..." Hades whispered as he began to circle around Hadley again. "Jay, Evie, Carlos, and your own sister Mal, leaving you for Auradon. Mal failing to tell you she's your sister. Greyson leaving you for Auradon shortly after. Then your Hooky boy, then Freddie and your new boytoy, what's he called?" Hades questioned, clicking his fingers.

"Franky..." Hadley whispered, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"Ah yeah, that's right. Well, that's a long list of betrayal. And I'm not accepting that for my daughter." Hades continued. "We have to do something about it. And I know what." He whispered in Hadley's ear. She sniffled as she felt a tear slide down her cheek.

"Wh-what?" She asked.

"Revenge." Hades responded simply, moving to stand behind Hadley.

"How? There's a barrier separating us and Auradon." Hadley pointed out. Her mind was clouded with all of the pain and realisation that had hit her in the past few hours. She didn't know what else to do.

"We wait until they open it again. We wait for our chance and then we strike." Hades explained. "With this." He whispered, dropping his ember into Hadley's hand. "It'll work on the other side. We need to build our plan and attack for revenge when we can." He whispered, smirking still as Hadley's facial expression turned blank. "Whaddaya say, kiddo? A daddy daughter duo of revenge?" He asked. Hadley wiped the single tear from her cheek before she clutched the ember to her chest.

"I'm in." She whispered.

-