three

Ella's POV- Halloween 2019

I was released from the hospital after a couple of days, but instead of going back to dorm life, my parents believed that it'd be best that I stay at a hotel (insert eye roll here). After two weeks of having to wake up at the crack of dawn to get to campus to find parking, I finally slept in my own bed.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby," I told Mila as I followed up the set of stairs that led to the dining hall.

"That's good"

I met Mila during Freshman orientation, and on move-in day I found out that she was my neighbor. We developed a genuine friendship, and now not only was she one of my closest friends she was also my R.A.

"How does your day look like?"

I stepped inside first when she gestured me to do so.

"I've got lab in about an hour and then I'm supposed to go to my TA's office hours to get a copy of her notes from the days I missed" I answered as we got in line to be swiped in.

I only missed 4 days of class (a week), but I was diagnosed with a grade 1 concussion so I did fall a bit behind. It was hard to read, and all my classes required me to work on calculations, so I got the occasional headache. Luckily that seemed to have gone away on its own.

"When is your midterm for that class?"

"Three weeks from now" I replied as I handed the student worker my ID to swipe me into the dining hall.

The week before Thanksgiving break.

"Oh, right. You just had a midterm for that class"

Yup.

"How'd you do?"

"I got an 89" I responded.

"Nice"

I shrugged and took my ID from the student worker.

"Thank you," I told him.

He smiled and took Mila's ID to swipe.

"So Rox gave me a notebook to give to you, but I left it in the car"

His girlfriend was my notetaker for my organic chemistry course. I had a notetaker for my other 4 classes I was taking, (lab included).

"No worries, when are you out?" I asked.

"Not until 2 PM"

We moved so he could swipe the next student's ID card.

"I should be back by then" I replied.

"I need your signature"

It was a part of the payroll.

"I might be a few minutes late, but I'll be there," I said.

He nodded.

"Gotcha, see you then"

It was not until Mila was spraying Pam on the waffle maker that she asked,

"What's got you busy until 2 PM? If I may ask"

Now that I was no longer skating, I had a lot of free time.

"I'm going to go see my hairdresser" I responded.

She nodded.

"What are you planning on doing to your hair?"

"I want to do a subtle change to it" I stated.

My parents had let me change my hair color from a young age, so I had dabbled between my actual hair color (light brown) and blonde. When I started dating James, my hair was actually its natural hair color. Through his convincing, I cut my long brown hair and dyed it platinum blonde something that was way out of my comfort zone. My bestfriend Winnie was my hairdresser, but she was in LA so she set me up with someone she believed was just as good as her. It was two weeks after James broke up with me. I would be brunette by the time the Spring Semester started, with just one session in between with Winnie toning my hair during Winter Break.