ten

Ella's POV- November 2019

As Gavin and I walked back to my car, he slung his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. Aly had gotten a ride back to campus with Mila. Ian and Karen, Theo's girlfriend lived in the same apartment complex, so Ian and Theo made the short walk there together.

"It's okay if we go back to your room, right?" I asked.

When he asked if he could visit me back in October, I was incredibly straightforward with him. I let him know that if his purpose was to sleep with me, then he was misreading the signs I had thrown at him. 

"Yeah, whatever you're comfortable with"

As we approached my car, I fished out my keys from my purse. He opened the door for me and waited for me to sit down to start leaning in. 

"I had fun this weekend"

I closed my eyes as he gently pecked my lips. I couldn't help but giggle as he cupped my face and peppered my face with kisses.

"Everyone was really nice"

Theo even warmed up in the end.

"I mean, what's not to like," I said as he let go of my face.

I took hold of his hand and watched as a timid smile formed on his face.

"You're not going to head back to your place and work on a ton of classwork, right?"

I laughed and shook my head.

"No, I managed to get everything done during your many naps," I told him.

He chuckled and leaned in for one last kiss before stepping back to close the door.  As he went around, my phone started ringing. Much to my surprise, it was a call from dad.

"Hey, Pa" I greeted as I looked at Gavin.

"Hi, honey. Do you mind telling me the mileage on the car?"

So I told him.

"It's due for an oil change soon"

Fuck.

"I have a couple of days off"

I laughed.

"You are not flying here just to do an oil change. I know how to do it, and I'll get it done not this weekend obviously but the following" I said.

"I know you are capable of doing an oil change, but you are still injured"

Oh, right.

"I also need to see for myself that you're okay"

That was the actual reason.

"I'm okay" I assured him.

"So you say, I just want to see myself"

"Well if you're coming, I can pick you up" I offered.

Dad laughed.

"Ella, you shouldn't even be driving"

"Even with one arm in a cast, I still driveway better than Theo" I noted.

He chuckled.

"That may be true, but you've got class and I don't want to be the reason you fall behind"

Jokes on him because I was already behind.

"I'll keep you updated"

"Okay," I replied.

"Talk later, love you"

"Love you too, bye," I said before ending the call.

I pursed my lips and looked at Gavin.