four

Ella's POV- Halloween 2019

When I arrived at the bus station, two buses that take students to campus were making its way out, filled to capacity. I quickly spotted Gavin, leaning against the wall looking down at his phone. He had his headphones on, but he noticed me making my way over.

"Hey" I greeted as he lowered his headphones to his neck.

He smiled and I pretended to not notice his glance at my cast.

"Sorry I'm late, my hair appointment ran longer than it should have," I apologized.

"No worries, you kind warned me it would"

As he stepped forward for a hug, I noticed James' frat brothers staring right in our direction. I still accepted Gavin's hug as I narrowed my eyes at the two. They quickly looked away as Gavin gave me a gentle squeeze. I buried my nose against his bicep as he gently rubbed my back.

"How'd you sleep??"

I turned my head so my voice wouldn't be muffled.

"I was asleep the second my head hit the pillow" I replied.

"That's good"

We talked almost every single day, so he knew that my parents had forced me to stay at a hotel. The hotel he was staying at was not the one I had stayed at, just in case there was a mole. My parents knew everyone apparently, so you know...had to find a way to keep things from them.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

He nodded as I glanced behind him to see the frat brothers were no longer looking in our direction.

"My car is this way," I directed.

"Lead the way"

He followed me, pulling along his suitcase with him. Once we got to my car, he loaded his suitcase into the back and then made his way over to me.

"If you want, I can drive?"

"I got it" I assured him.

"Then let me get the door for you"

He held the door open and waited for me to sit down to close the door. As he went around, I took a deep breath and pulled my phone out of my purse. I had a text from Roxie, my note-taker wanting to confirm that I'd be on campus soon. The door opened and Gavin took a seat next to me. As he settled, I quickly sent her a text telling her I was on my way before setting my phone on the dock.

"What cologne are you wearing?" I asked him.

His cheeks flushed up as he looked at me.

"Too much?"

I shook my head.

"No, but you changed it" I noted.

He nodded.

"I didn't wear my usual one since it's a larger bottle and I only brought a carry on"

That makes sense.

"You smell like Chris" I noted.

He chuckled as I turned on the car.

"Are you hungry?"  I wondered.

"I had a coffee and bagel when I got here"

"Was it enough?" I questioned.

I reached over and lowered the volume.

"Yeah, I had breakfast at the airport before my flight"

I see.

"Enough to hold you till dinner?" I asked.