two

Ella's POV- October 2019

Theo and I were incredibly close growing up, we were twins after all and did everything together, but we could currently not stand each other. Which is why I surprised when he convinced my parents to go back to the hotel to rest for the night. He was going to keep an eye on me while they rested.

"So much for keeping an eye on me," I told the nurse as I looked at Theo who was fast asleep on one of those makeshift bed couches.

She smiled.

"He was awake the last time I came in to check on you"

"Well he did sleep most of the day yesterday," I noted.

I leaned against the pillow and sighed when I could not get comfortable.

"Excuse me" I said to my nurse.

"Yes?"

"How long do I have to wear this brace?" I wondered.

"I was actually going to ask you why you were still wearing the brace. I guess the nurse during the night shift forgot to remove it"

Once she removed the neck brace, I leaned back against the pillow.

"Better?"

"Much better" I replied.

"Are you hungry?"

"Yes," I admitted.

"Are you able to feed yourself?"

She glanced at Theo.

"I can use my other hand," I told her.

I was ambidextrous.

"Okay, let me go get you your breakfast"

"What time is it?" I asked as she went to leave.

It was dark because the curtains were closes, which meant I could not get a good look at the clock on the wall.

"Past 8 AM"

I nodded.

"I'll be right back"

Since I wasn't allowed to even use my phone, I stared up at the ceiling waiting. Yup, that's right. Because of the concussion, I could not catch up on classes, watch TV, read a book or even look at my phone or laptop for the next couple of days as they assessed me.

Fun.

"I'm back, and I bring company with me"

I turned and much to my surprise, behind her...was my ex-boyfriend, James.

"Thank you," I said as she placed my breakfast on the table.

She smiled and excused herself leaving me technically alone with James considering Theo was a heavy sleeper.

"Why are you here?" I asked James.

"I needed to see you"

I rubbed my temple and sighed.

"But I don't want to see you," I told him.

Before he could get another word, the door opened. My sister, Nora raised an eyebrow when she saw James in the room.

"Have you no shame?"

What Nora did next showed that her aim was still impeccable. My sister had been a softball student-athlete for UCLA way back when. Theo groaned as the bear she had thrown in his direction nailed him right on the chest.

"I just want to talk to her"

She frowned.

"But she doesn't, so respect that. If you really care for her like you said you do, you wouldn't make her feel uncomfortable"