seven

Ella's POV - November 2019

"Why do you have the door open?"

I looked away from my textbook to see Aly make her way into the room. She closed the door behind her and then set her backpack under the desk before making her way to the mini-fridge we had in the room to pull out the water pitcher.

"Because it was the only way Gavin would stay in the room" I answered as I gestured at the sleeping figure.

He was tired, but instead of immediately falling asleep he tossed and turned for a bit trying to get comfortable. After a bit, he started becoming a distraction, so I covered him with my weighted blanket and he had not moved since. 

"What a fucking sweetheart"

She filled up her tumbler with water before placing the pitcher in the mini-fridge and closing the door.

"Can you curl my hair?" I asked as I paused my True Crime Podcast.

(A/N: Do y'all have any true-crime podcast recommendations? Cause I've caught to My Favorite Murder and Crime Junkie. I'm about halfway through Wine and Crime too.)

"Yeah, of course"

I watched as she retrieved my curling iron from my closet. While the barrel heated up, she combed my hair and added heat protectant spray.

"I wish I slept that well"

Ditto.

"It's unfair to look good with and without facial hair"

She combed through my hair to make sure all the hair product was spread evenly.

"You have no idea how hard I'm restraining myself to go over and boop his nose"

Knowing Aly, she was going to do so before the weekend ended.

"So people have been talking"

She sectioned out my hair and began to curl it

"About?" I asked.

She gestured at Gavin.

"The hunk of a man who's been by your side for the past two days"

"Do you think news traveled to Theo?" I wondered.

He was supposed to drop by to pick up the car keys.

"Doubt it"

Her response was followed by three loud knocks on the door. Those knocks went unnoticed by Gavin who didn't even stir.

"I wonder who that could be?"

Most likely Theo.

"Guess your brother is about to find out"

"Just a second" I called out as there was another knock on the door.

Once a section of my hair was no longer wrapped around the hot barrel, I stood up and went to answer the door.

"Hey" I greeted.

"I need the keys"

"Hello to you too" I stated.

I took a look at his outfit before letting him in.

"You look nice" I noted as I walked around him to get to my desk.

He smelled nice too.

"I'd be careful though," I said as he stared at Gavin.

He looked at me as I pulled the car keys from my purse.