Chapter 4

The next few days were rough. After sitting down with what certainly sounded like a madman, and pretty much being told that everything you knew and believed in was a complete and utter lie, you could admit that you had been a little spread thin. The beginning of your senior year wasn't helpful either. The introduction with the semester brought with it a lot of assignments, and you knew with due dates looming - much closer than they should have been - you should have been doing some work but you couldn't even begin to bring your thoughts in order to even think about things like your English essay. That was worlds away at the moment. What was the worst thing about it all was that you couldn't go to your mother to seek out any kind of help. She was now an unknown piece of the puzzle that had become your life, and as much as you wanted to trust her over the random guy that told you the shit you read about in your books was real, you just couldn't. Not when the things he said aligned with your life more than they should have. Not when the small amount of doubt he had embedded within you had increased with every day. You hadn't told her anything about Yoongi, hadn't even mentioned that he went to your school. In fact you'd barely spoken to her the past week. You'd barely spoken to anyone if you were honest, and while that wasn't something you weren't used to it, the distance from your mother was strange.

You sat with her at breakfast today, watching her suspiciously as she chowed down on her eggs with her phone splayed in front of her, the morning news displayed on the screen. At this point you had both noticed the distance you were beginning to put between the two of you, but your ever unsated curiosity was going to implode soon if you didn't get any answers. What you thought was going to be an informative afternoon with Yoongi in which the small problem of him stalking you would be easily answered allowing you to move on with your life, had instead turned into a lot more questions. Like a whole lot. Questions about your sanity seemed to be the most prevalent. So sitting across from your mother, you couldn't help the questions forming behind your lips if you tried.

"How did you meet my dad?" You asked, watching as your mother visibly tensed all over, but didn't deign to look up from her phone.

"We were work friends," she answered simply. Hm. Seemed generic, but you gave her the benefit of the doubt seeing as your parents being work friends was a whole lot more likely to have happened than the existence of vampires.

"How old were you guys?" You pushed further, eager to find out more about your past.

"I was twenty-one when I met him for the first time, but it was a few years before we actually got involved," she said, and from the look on her face, you didn't think that was a lie.

"And dad?" You continued.

"He was a couple years older," she said after a beat of silence. That had you pondering. A couple years as in twenty-three or a couple years as in two-hundred-and-three?

"How did you get involved then? You know, romantically?" You pushed the food around on your plate, trying to sound casually curious and not like you were trying to pick apart her relationship with your possibly inhuman father.

"Why all the questions sweetie?" She combatted. It appeared as if she was starting to get a little bit suspicious as well.

"Just curious, you know. I dont know anything about my dad." That wasn't a lie at least.

"Well, that's all in the past now, we don't need to worry about it. All you need to know is that I'm here for you now and I always will be, alright sweetie?" You could hear the tension behind her voice, saw the way her smile was just a little too tight-lipped. She wasn't telling you something and she certainly didn't want to talk about your dad. You nearly spun into craziness right there and then. If you weren't questioning things before then you absolutely were now. The fact that your mother negated to answer any of your questions properly, the fact that she was so unable to clearly tell you that everything about her and your fathers past was normal was just about a final switch. You think you believed everything that Yoongi had told you. Holy shit.

I Know I Sound Crazy - Min Yoongi x Reader (Vampire AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें