s̷e̷v̷e̷n̷t̷e̷e̷n̷

"Fuck..!"

Chan swore for the umpteenth time, banging a fist against his steering wheel. His knuckles burnt and ached form the glass-shattering punch earlier that day. Chan shut his eyes and inhaled deeply. Sharp pain electrified his ribs, causing him to tighten his grip on the steering wheel.

He had just drove himself to the dorms but refused to get out, unable to wipe the incidents of the day off his mind.

He recalled the events. He recalled how he had done something dumb.

How he had kissed his best friend.

He recalled how Minho pulled away. How he cried harder, clutching the fabric over his chest like Chan had just ripped his heart out. Then how he asked Chan to leave him alone.

He remembered how they met again during last period, Minho's eyes puffy and red, and how Minho had pleaded to never bring the topic up again. The words played in his head on repeat.

'Let's not talk about it please.. I know it was a mistake. If you're really sorry, then just take care of yourself for me. That's enough.'

Chan cursed again. He finally dared to get out and head to his dorm room.

--

"You're back- oh no, what happened?"

Felix's heart dropped at the sight, seeing Chan all beaten up and in an obvious foul mood. He attempted to bring himself to his feet, wincing at the pain shooting through his flesh and bone.

"Stay down, Felix." Chan spoke without glancing at Felix, his voice soulless.

"What's wrong?" Felix stayed put, hoping Chan would answer him, or at least, look his way. When he got no response, he forced his body upright, sitting cross-legged with his fluffy purple comforter wrapped around his delicate frame. "Come and sit here, Channie."

The frown on Chan's face softened upon hearing Felix, he turned to see the boy patting on his bed, gesturing for Chan to take a seat. And so he did.

Chan did not understand why he couldn't say no, neither did he understand why he didn't push Felix's hand away as he traced his ˢᵐᵃˡˡ fingers along Chan's jaw, stroking his cheeks softly.

"Was it that same person?"

Chan shifted his gaze to Felix, "who?"

"That thick dude. Changbin." He asked, eyes roaming over Chan's bruises. (Chan couldn't really tell if Felix was gazing at the wounds or just, eyeing his neck area in general, though.) "Jisung was here earlier today. He said you swore to kill Changbin..."

"When did Jisung leave?" Chan asked, hoping to divert the topic.

"Super early," Felix pouted, "he got a text from someone and his face went all pale. He said he had to hurry."

There was a pause, none of them daring to speak.

"...you didn't really kill him, right?"

"I wish I had, but that isn't important." Chan replied, voice as soft as cotton, "how are you feeling, baby?" He lightly booped Felix's nose over the bandaid that covered it.

Felix looked down at his laps, a smile spreading onto his face, "I don't know.. My heart's about to jump out." He slowly gazed up to meet Chan's worried eyes.

"Why is that? Are you okay?"

"It's the side effects of being your roommate." Felix mumbled with a giggle, hoping the boy before him wouldn't hear but well, he did. Chan let out a breathy laugh, which for reasons unknown to the younger boy, created a layer of soft red blush across Felix's face. Chan reached out to tousle Felix's hair, twirling the strands between his fingers. He sighed deeply, he felt at peace. Felix leaned in to the warmth, wishing the feeling in his heart that he was yet to figure out would last and never disappear.

"You're like.. Happiness, you know? And sunshine. A momentary escape. It's weird." Chan moved the blond strands away from Felix's face.

Felix shot a perplexed look at Chan, "what do you mean?"

"I don't know how else to phrase it. Just.." Chan's words left in a whisper,

"You're happiness, Lix."

___________________

___________________a;numm so as i was writing i just stopped and was like-what even am i doing what am i writing about two humans-am i mentally okay-

___________________
a;n
umm so as i was writing i just stopped and was like-
what even am i doing
what am i writing about two humans-
am i mentally okay-

no one asked but, on october 31st 2019, at 9:22 pm, someone cute messaged me.
Strayis i love u so much, my softest babiest cutie ❤️