t̷w̷e̷l̷v̷e̷

"If you don't tell us what's got you so upset, I'm actually gonna start crying so," Jisung peered into Felix's face, "please? Don't look so sad, this isn't you."

Felix leaned backwards until his back touched the tree bark. The three friends were seated cross legged on the vast garden that spread out around the college.

"Are you tired? It's alright if you don't want to talk about it." Hyunjin voiced his concern, dragging himself forward on his butt to sit closer.

Felix bit his lips in thought. He inched closer to Jisung, reached out to run his fingers through Jisung's smooth bangs and moved it back. Jisung didn't move, didn't flinch away, and Hyunjin watched in silence as Felix brought his face closer to Jisung's. And closer. Until their foreheads touched.

"Is it weird if I do this to you?" The words left Felix's lips in a whisper. He moved back, awaiting Jisung's response.

"I don't think so. Why?" Jisung responded, glancing at Hyunjin to see what he thinks.

"You're our baby. I don't see why that would be weird." Hyunjin commented, "...People do that to check for fevers."

The words went through one ear and out the other, a lost expression painted over Felix's features. 'What if one of us blushed like crazy?' Felix so badly wanted to ask, but the harshly loud ring of an alarm interrupted his thoughts. Jisung jolted, startled by his very own phone ringing the alarm he set himself. (The boy had forgotten, thus earning himself such a scare.)

"My god, Jisung, what even-" Hyunjin face-palmed in disappointment, more so regarding the alarm tone Jisung had chosen. ('Ya rago haedo dwae♪ Naekkeo rago haedo dwae♪')

"Sike, it's a reminder to get to the dorms before 2:15.." Jisung stared at his phone, debating on whether or not he should leave his best friends so soon.

"Why exactly?" Felix tilted his head.

"Minho's down with a really bad fever.." Jisung sat on his knees, worry laced in his voice, "I thought it'd be good if I check on him. He could barely walk this morning but he came to school anyway."

Jisung's words rang a bell in Felix's head, he gasped in realization. Is that why Minho had rosy cheeks? He sighed in disbelief. Did he misunderstand? However, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't brush off what he had seen, either. It still irked him in ways he couldn't understand, it made him feel restless and bothered.

Jisung rose to his feet to leave & glanced at Felix, "now wipe that frown off and smile for us, will you?"

Hyunjin smiled warmly, "whatever it is that's bothering you, we're right here, okay?"

Felix didn't think either of them would know just how comforting those words were to him. He broke into a relieved smile and inhaled deeply, then exhaled slowly as if to calm his nerves. The blond, now with his smile back on his face, finally snapped open the can of peach drink that remained untouched all this time.

"I'm fine now, thankies!" He announced happily, driving the pessimistic feelings off to the back of his mind, along with that one memory he didn't want to remember witnessing.

___________________

An essential photo of that one guy everybody loves unconditionally > Kim Woojin

___________________

a;n
Poorly written filler chapter bc the real drama is yet to begin huhu <3 forgive me for being incapable of writing, I don't have brain cells at 10 am