Chapter 7: Summer with the Walkers

So hey guys, from now on, I would be updating frequently. The holidays are coming which means I'm gonna have more time to stalk my friends on Twitter and update you guys on the story! Now before a certain friend of mine accuses me of being lazy, I'll finish this chapter up for you guys!

Jackie xx

Chapter 7: Summer With The Walkers

Alison

    As the cold water of the shower hit my face, I felt refreshed once again. It was the first day of summer and I was definitely looking forward to staying at my family's beach house. The reason why I was showering with cold water at six in the morning was so I could quickly pack up my things and leave. Basically the boys would have the whole house to themselves during the summer. 

     I got out from the shower and wrapped a soft blue towel around me. Water droplets fell onto the cold tiled floor from my hair as I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked tired, exhausted. A holiday at my family's beach house might probably be the thing I needed right now. After spending a whole week with four boys in one house, my energy was used up and I really needed to relax. 

     I came out from the bathroom. I smiled when I remembered that I have my room back again. No more sharing with Mr Grumpy-All-The-Time. His family's house was in great shape so the Carters moved back to the house next door. But since the other three boys were living with me, Jason would occasionally come over just to hang with them. But one thing that really bugged me, was that Jason's room was right opposite of mine, which meant that I could see everything in his room, and vice versa. It was one of the reasons why Deana never visited him anymore. 

     Just as I was about to remove my towel, Neil burst through the door with a huge grin on his face. He didn't even acknowledge the fact that I was only wearing a short towel before rushing over to me and giving me a tight hug. "Let go, let go, let go!" My hands were pushing him but he didn't seem to budge. "Guess what, Alison?" I swear, if he shouted any louder, he would wake up the other boys any minute. 

      "Quiet! What is it?" I asked him when he finally put me down. 
      "Guess who is coming with you to the beach house!" I groaned and slapped my hand to my face. Please don't tell me mom invited them. "Your mom invited us to join you guys! The whole band!" The whole band? Just at that moment, Jamie appeared and squealed.

     "Alison! We're all coming with you! Isn't this great? Your dad is already packing up our instruments! Matt will be driving your dad's van so the band could fit, while Jason's parents and your parents will meet us there using your parents' car. I'm so excited!" I groaned again. And I thought it was going to be a holiday, with just my family and I. My mom just had to bring everyone along.

     "Come on, Allie. I'm not going to wait in the van the whole day." Jason was leaning against my door frame.

     "Okay, okay! Could everyone just get out? I need to wear some clothes." I ushered everyone out and locked the door so no one could interupt me anymore. After wearing some summer shorts and my purple tank top, I grabbed my bags and left the room. The others were already in the van, except for John who was helping my dad arrange the instruments in the van. After John climbed into the van, I realized the only seat left was next to Jason. I sighed inwardly before sitting down next to him. 

     "Okay kids, drive safely. We'll meet at the beach house." My dad waved at us. "Take care of my daughter." 

~~

     The beach house was the same as the last time my family and I came here. It was still beautiful, and huge. It still had that ocean smell that I loved since I was a little girl. There was one summer when I was fourteen, Jason followed us here to spend the summer. 

     "Alison, you come here every summer?" Jason asked me as the both of us faced the beautiful sunset. Sitting on the fine sand, facing the sea, feeling the breeze that would mess up my hair. That was one of nature's wonders. But sitting here with my best friend, that was something entirely different. I didn't know what it was, but I could just feel this connection with him. It was weird, in a good way. 

     "My family and I come here since I was a little girl. I used to have a summer friend. She comes here every summer too. Her name's Autumn. But I never see her around anymore." I told him. He scooped some sand into his hands and felt them. 

     "I'm glad I spent my summer here with you, Allie." 

    While the others were bringing the things into the house, I went exploring. I stood near the waves, feeling the sand under my feet and the waves that splashed against my legs. The sea breeze was something I missed the most about this place. "You haven't change a bit, Alison." I turned and saw Jason coming towards me. 

     "Hey. I was just enjoying myself. What are you doing here?" I raised an eyebrow at him. As far as I knew, he wasn't exactly a fan of me. 

     "I want to clear my mind. I'm really confused so I want to relax myself." 

     "You can talk to me about it." I said, turning to face him. "What are you confused about?"

     "I like a girl, I liked her since I met her. But I'm pretty sure she'll never like me the same way. So I'm trying to not like her. But...it's not working." 

     "Why do I have a feeling you're not talking about Deana?" 

     "Because I'm not. Never mind, you won't get it." He kicked the sand before running towards the house. 

     I felt a slight ache in my chest as I look at him running away from me. It felt familiar, but I didn't know this feeling at the same time. Maybe I was just tired. 

     But of course I knew that was not it.