All About Us

First off, this is going to be the first installment of a new series called 'All About Love'. 'All About Us' is just the first book so...sit tight and enjoy the stories which are yet to come :) All ideas and story line belong to Ashley. And for those who wonder what happened to Ashley and why she's no longer writing...this is basically what happened to her. And why she had stopped writing. Names and places in the story have been changed due to privacy :)

Jackie xx

--

Prologue

~Alison~

     The day started off pretty well and normal. It was a Saturday, which meant I could have slept till noon. But my best friend Jason just had to pick this day to storm into my room and demanded that we spent the whole day together. Usually he would be at home playing his video games, him coming over to my house was pretty odd. Even though we lived right next to each other. 

     "Come on, Allie! We'll get your favorite ice-cream, if you want!" Jason started jumping on my bed, causing me to fall off and hit the ground. I grumbled once and got up. My legs were tangled up in the sheets so I fell twice on my butt before the hyper boy helped me up. "Sorry." he gave me a sheepish smile before ushering me into the bathroom to freshen up. 

     Jason had been my friend since I was thirteen. At the age of thirteen, Jason was the new guy from England who moved here, Nathanville. Sure, he was good-looking and athletic, but none of the guys in school appreciated the fact that he was getting most of the female attention. How I met him, you ask? Well, one of my band mates, Jamie told me about him and how good-looking he was. So I decided to check him out myself. Of course, I found no attraction to him. He thought I was the coolest girl just because I played an instrument with six strings on it. 

     So as we continued to talk about music and guitars, we eventually became friends. When we found out we actually lived next to each other and that our parents were best friends, it became official. We started hanging out and he would come running to me every time he wanted to break-up with his girlfriend or something. 

     "Allie, what are you doing in there? It has been fifteen minutes! You don't take fifteen minutes to shower!" Jason knocked on the bathroom door. 

     "Since you're obviously an idiot, I'm a girl. And girls take longer time to shower." I rolled my eyes and ignored his protests. Even until now when we were sixteen, he still treated me the same when we were thirteen. To other people, we were inseperatable. When I was around, Jason would be around. When Jason was present, I would always be somewhere near him. 

     After I finished showering, I wrapped a towel around my body and then came out of the bathroom. Jason was lying down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. "Hurry up, Allie. We have a whole day to have fun." He announced. 

     He closed his eyes as I quickly changed into my clothes. "So where are we going first?" I asked him. His eyes opened and he got off the bed. 

     "I don't know, what do you want to do? You get to pick! We can watch the movies! Or do you want to do something else?" He kept on blabbering. That wasn't like him. Instantly, I knew something was up. I knew it was too good to be true that he would give up video games just to hangout with his 'buddy' today out of all days. 

     "Jason Carter. What's going on?" I put on my serious face. His grin slowly faltered as he sighed and looked me right in the eye. 

     "Allie...I'm moving back to England. Tonight." What?! 

     I glanced at his sad expression and felt like a part of me had been torn away. My best friend was moving back to England? Why?! "Jason, no...no no no no. Tell me you're joking. Please!" The tears were already falling. If Jason went away, who was going to make me laugh? Who was going to tell me stupid jokes and tell me the latest stupid thing the cheerleaders done? Who was going to be my best friend? 

     "I'm sorry, Allie. I should've told you earlier. But I-" 

     "No! Get out! GET OUT!" I screamed. I was sure my parents knew about this already. How could they went along and not tell me about this?! 

     "Allie please..."

     "I hate you! Get out!" I pushed him out my room and quickly burst into sobs, ignoring Jason's protests. 

--

     Night time came and I was still lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. From my room, I could hear the Carters packing their things during the afternoon. I felt numb, I just couldn't bring myself to get up and talk to anyone. Jason had tried coming around every hour just to see if I have came out of my room yet. But sadly I didn't want to entertain him. 

     A 'clank' sound sounded from my window and a pebble was on the ground, next to the window. I got up and walked over to the pebble and picked it up. There was a note attached to it. 

     I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I'm leaving for the airport. I'll always remember you and love you as my best friend, Allie Bear. - J

     I quickly grabbed a pen and a notepad and quickly scribbled 'Do you hate me? :(' on the paper before attaching to the pebble and dropping it down the window. I heard the sound of Jason's familiar chuckle and in a matter of seconds, another pebble with a note attached to it was thrown through my window. 

     I can never hate you, Allie Bear. Bye... xo

     "I'm sorry, Jason..."