Chapter 4: Home Alone

Hey guys, I just wanna say thank you to those who have sticked with me from the beginning. It has been a great adventure, but the adventure doesn't stop here. Anyways, I was really amazed by the number of votes the last chapter received, but I do hope that the votes would increase as the time goes by! Just to inform you guys, I couldn't update next week because I have this huge examination coming up and I really need to revise. :D

Love you guys!

Jackie xx

~~~

Chapter 4: Home Alone

Alison

    "Isn't she lovely?" Matt sang as he strummed the strings of my guitar. I was lying on my bed while Jamie and Matt were sitting on the edge of my bed, singing in harmony. Here's the thing. Whenever I wasn't lead singing, the both of them would sing in harmony because they're voices just matched each other and it sounded really nice! 

     "Alison?" I heard my mom calling me from downstairs. I got up and went to search for my mom. 

     "Yeah mom?" I responded. 

     "Honey, your dad and I are going on a move and dinner date tonight with Jason's parents. The couple living next door are coming with us too. Do you think you and Jason could babysit their children for tonight?" 

     Me and Jason with three kids? Alone in a house? I was about to say no but I had a feeling mom wouldn't take no for an answer. 

     "Alright alright. When is Leon and Isabel dropping off their kids?" I asked. 

     "Around six I guess. I already told Jason and he'll be back as soon as he finishes up his date with that blonde girl." 

     ~~

     Jamie and Matt had went home after five. I told them what mom had said and they wished me luck before leaving. I was at the living room, watching some television when the doorbell rang. I quickly rushed to the door and answered it. 

     Leon and Isabel were there, smiling with their three kids. "Alison!" The three of them rushed to hug my legs and waist. "Thank you so much for this, Alison. I don't even remember the last time Leon and I went out on a date. Thank you!" Isabel grinned at me. 

     I nodded with a smile. Soon, my parents and Jason's parents were gone with the Silver couple. And I was all alone in the house with three hyperactive kids. "Rose? Do you and your brothers want to watch some television?" I totally suck at babysitting. 

     Rose, thankfully, sat down on the couch with Oliver and Sean as I turned on the television. I changed the channel to Disney and let them watch. I sat between the three of them and watched 'Finding Nemo' on Disney with them. 

     The door opened and I craned my neck to see who it was. Jason and Deana appeared at the door. Deana rolled her eyes when she spotted me with three kids. Jason collasped on the couch next to Oliver and wrapped an arm around him. Oliver grinned at Jason and said 'Hi' in the most adorable voice I've ever heard. I guess the kids still remember Jason. A smile slipped onto Jason's face as he responded with a 'Hi' too. 

     Deana narrowed her eyes at all of us and sat beside Rose, who sat between Deana and I. 

     "You smell." Rose complained to Deana. She flinched and glared at the little girl. 

     "How are you say that about me?!" She scolded. Rose folded her little arms and kicked Deana's thigh. 

     "I'm not scared of you, bridge troll!" She shouted with her little girl voice. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Jason smirking and trying to stiffle his laugh. Oliver and Sean looked at their sister and Deana with wide eyes. 

     "What did you just called me?!" Deana said in a deadly voice. 

     "Bridge troll! Princess Alison will smash you!" She stuck out her tongue at Deana. 

     "Princess Alison? What is she going to do? Use her guitar and strum me to death?" Deana rolled her eyes. Really? She was going to argue with a six-year-old? 

     "Prince Jason will wake her with a kiss and then she will use her powers to kill you, smelly troll!" At this point, Jason was laughing his butt off and so was I. I can't believe Rose just called her a 'smelly troll'. 

     "That's it! I'm leaving!" Deana got up from the couch and stormed out of the house. It was honestly, the most amusing part of the night. 

~~

     Rose, Oliver and Sean were fast asleep by the time the movie ended. I couldn't move my legs because Rose and Sean were sleeping on my lap. Oliver was sleeping on Jason's so the both of us couldn't move at all. 

     "The kids were...entertaining." Was he really going to talk to me? 

     "Yeah...they were." This was awkward. 

     "She reminds me of you." 

     "Hmm?" 

     "Rose. She reminds me of you." What? "The bravery she had when she faced Deana. She's like you." Was he drunk or something? Why was he talking about all these? 

     "Sure. Oliver reminds me of you too. Well, the old you before you hated me." He let out a bark of laughter before going quiet and nodded. 

     "You do know that by tomorrow I'm going back to not being friends with you, right?" 

     A silence occured. "Right."