Chapter 6: The Boys

Hey! Okay so I'm breaking a huge rule right now. I am not supposed to use the laptop for a whole week but I seriously wanna update you guys on this story so here I am :D

Jackie xx

--

Chapter 6: The Boys

Jason

     "Hello, you're the new guy in school, right?" I can't believe it. She was actually talking to me. "My friend Jamie told me about you. My name's Alison, by the way." She stretched out her hand for me to shake. As I reached out to shake her hand, I realized there was a music note bracelet on her wrist. I wasn't surprised of course. She was really into music. 

     "My name's Jason. Nice to meet you." I smiled back at her, hoping that this wouldn't be the first and last time we would speak to each other. 

     "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were a nice guy. I actually thought you would be one of those mean athletic guys." 

     "You mean those jocks?" 

     "Yeah, but it turns out you're not." The bell rang and many students were already rushing to class. Alison looked at her watch and smiled at me. "Well, I'll talk to you more soon. Bye, Jason." 

Alison

    After school finished, I decided to have a meeting with all the music club members, both new and old members. So all of us decided to head over to my place. The whole time during the car ride, Jason and I remained silent. I was still surprised and shocked that he actually volunteered to be in my club. Just a few hours ago, I asked him why he wanted to do that, and all he did was ignored my question.

     "Alison? Is that you? I heard lots of voices!" My mom appeared from the kitchen and found all of us in the living room. Jay, John and Neil looked at my mom and flashed a boyish grin.

     "Hey Mrs Walker!" They greeted her.

     "Hello boys."

     "Hey mom, could you talk to them for a sec? I need to have a word with Jason..." My blue eyes met his. My mom just nodded and sat at my previous spot as I grabbed Jason's arm and dragged him upstairs. After pushing him into the bathroom, I locked the door and crossed my arms as I faced the guy before me.

     "What do you want?"

     "What was that back at school? Deana's your girlfriend, she hates me. Why did you go and do that for?" Honestly, I wasn't angry at Jason. But I was definitely curious as to why he somehow stood up for me.

     He folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at me. "Why does that matter so much to you anyways? Look, I love playing the guitar. That's it. You're not developing a girl crush on me, are you?" He narrowed his eyes at me. For some unknown reason, that made me blushed slightly and I could feel my cheeks warming up. Me? Crushing on Jason? Yeah right.

     "We should get back to the others...before they wonder what's going on." I swallowed when I realized how close Jason and I was. I quickly turned around and got out, followed by Jason. Just as the both of us appeared, the others grinned at the both of us. My mom was still sitting there, she actually seemed like she enjoyed their company. And these were the times when I wished I wasn't the only child. Because mom seem to wish for a son.

          I sat down next to Jamie as Jason sat down next to my mom. "So..since you guys are in music club, Mrs Owen has only one rule. That all of us shall be a band and perform a few songs during the Winter Dance that is coming up during November. So since you guys are new, you guys need practice. So we'll meet up at my house here every day after school for practice." I told everyone. Neil and the other boys looked slightly uncomfortable. 

     "What's wrong?" Jamie asked them. 

     "No, it's just that the three of us work part-time at a local diner just to pay the rent at our apartment." I was about to say that we could re-arrange the time for them, but mom cut in. 

     "You three can stay with us! There's extra rooms in the house anyways! You don't need to pay any rent! It's not fun only having Alison around." I narrowed my eyes at mom as she gave me a sheepish look. The boys thought about it for a second. 

     "We don't want to trouble you guys..."

     "You guys won't be any trouble! You can do the household chores if you feel bad!" Maybe doing household chores were much more better than their jobs because they instantly accepted. 

     "I'm going to have sons!" My mother kept on grinning as she went out of the room. 

     Jamie and Matt slightly nudged me a bit. I gave them both questioning looks. They responded by nodding at Jason's direction. I took a quick glance at him, sitting on the ground with a smirk on his face. 

     "Well, looks like this is going to be interesting." Jason commented.