Bad news.

In the past few weeks people have been treating me like a cripple. I was not allowed to do anything for myself. It made me feel worthless having servants do everything for me. They would get me up, wash me and dress me. Escort me to rooms and I was left with hardly a minute to myself. Thor would visit me every now and then like I was an old relative. He would talk about his Jane and his dealings with someone called son of Coul. I was getting sick and tired of being belittled. One morning I had had enough. Waking up early I got dressed and ready before my maid came in. I was going to prove I was well and able enough to live my own life. Leaving my quarters I slowly but steadily made my way out side, I was in desperate need of some fresh air. The wind though crisp and chilled felt so good on my skin. It made me feel alive for the first time in ages. I rested my body against the cold, sharp, low wall and gently leant over it. It felt so good to be free. I spotted an familiar little girl approaching me and I stepped to the side with a wide smile on my face. She too had a grin on her face as she bounced towards me. The girl I remember because I found her lost in the woods shortly after I had married Loki.    

"How are you Malina?" I asked bending down to her level.

"Hi Princess Liara! I am well!" She beamed up at me. She was the cutest little thing.

"Good, good." I replied screwing up her hair. I expected her to skip away but she stayed. She signalled for me to lean in, like she wanted to tell me a secret. I obliged and leaned closer so my ear was near her mouth.  

"Are you dying?" She whispered. I shot back up shocked but tried to keep a kind composer.

"Pardon?" I asked politely.

"Err...well...m..my father said that you were must be dying cos' you never is out." The young girl stammered. This set me a bit on edge but Malina looked upset.

"As you can see I am quiet alive, now off you go. Go and play." I forced a smile on my face. She cheered up and skipped off back down the steps.

"Liara what are you doing out?" Thor's slightly angry voice grew from behind me. Spinning around I could see him emerging from the palace along side Sif and the warriors three.

"I did not know I was confined to the palace." I replied insulted.

"You are not well enough, where is your maid?" He shouted.

"Going on a little adventure with out me?" I said ignoring his last comment. Thor huffed in anger.

"Liara you are not well, get back inside." Sif said stepping forward.

"Why should I?" I replied raising my voice.

"There is no need to make a scene." Volstagg tried to calm me down.

"A scene? Do you know how infuriating it is to be locked up and be treated like child?" I shouted. My nerves were so on edge I did not care about anyone else.

"Liara calm down." Thor was getting on my nerves.

"Calm down? Calm down! How would you like to spend every day with three maids following your every waking step, to do everything for you to treat you like some deranged child? How would you like to have rumours going around town that I am dying or perhaps going insane? How dare you tell me to calm down!" People were starting to watch but I paid them no attention, I was too angry.  

"Liara we are sorry." Sif apologized but I was having none of it.

"No, no you do not get to tell me that you are sorry. None of you had to go through what I went though. Not only did I lose a husband. I lost my best friend, I lost my family, I lost my life! You can not stand there and say you understand. Say that you know what I am going through because the truth is you don't know!" I screamed it out at the top of my lungs. The five of them stood still, shocked at my out burst. The people around us stood shocked also. As I began to breath heavily from the shouting a fit of dizziness overcame me. Closing my eyes my body swayed and I was forced to steady myself by stumbling all over the place. Finally grabbing onto the wall behind me I regained balance. My head was spinning.

"Liara, are you..." Thor rushed to my side.

"I'm fine." I said bitterly and shoved passed him. I climbed up the steppes and returned inside. Turning into my room I began to shake, something was wrong. My stomach began to churn again but I had no time to do anything. Before I knew it a pile of sick laid at my feet. I knew I had to get help. Opening the door once again I re-entered the corridor to find Thor at the end. My head was spinning and all I could see was a Thor shaped figure running towards me.

"Thor, on second thoughts, I don't think I'm ok." And I collapsed on the floor.  

I felt a certain déjà vu waking up. I was tucked in my sheets on my bed and Thor sat beside me with his head in his hands. My head felt like it was going to crack open. Sitting up I spotted some fruit on the table next to me. Just looking at it made me feel sick. Thor raised his head and looked at me. His expression was confusing. It was sort of concerned but at the same time angry.

"Thor what is it?" I asked straight out. He stayed silent and looked like he was in deep thought. He began to suck the front of his teeth. I could not take the suspense anymore.

"Thor tell me. Has someone died? Is it me? Am I dying, got a disease, what?" I asked frustrated with his silence.     

"No nothing like that." Thor laughed sincerely if such a thing was possible.

"Then what is it?" I replied confused at what it could be.

"You're...erm...you're pregnant." Pregnant? The word echoed through my head over and over again. Pregnant, I told myself not being able to comprehend the situation. Thor continued to talk but he was fazed from my mind. I kept on milling it over and over. My hand unconsciously placed itself over my stomach and clenched at the sheet surrounding it.

"Pregnant?" I asked out loud and dismayed. Thor stopped talking and looked at me.

"Yes, have you not been listening to a word I have been saying?" He asked annoyed. I shook my head and swallowed.

"Liara, I did not even know you consummated the marriage." Thor said. My eyes started to blur with tears and a solid lump formed in my throat.

"Once." I croaked to Thor. "We...only did it once." I told myself.

"It only takes once." Thor laughed a little. I wrapped both of my arms around my stomach and released the tears welling in my eyes. As the tears streamed down my cold face, Thor placed his arm around me in an attempt to comfort me but it would not work.  

"Why? Why does it have to happen to me?" I screamed out. Sobs and moans left my mouth as I wept over my tummy. This was the worst thing to happen at this time. I was a wreck physically and mentally. My body at this particular point in time was not fit or healthy enough to carry a baby for nine months. And my mind is in total shut down, I would not cope, not now.

"Liara is there anything I can do?" Thor asked gently. I shook my head furiously.

"Just go." I cried out. As he had done before Thor excepted this and stood up.

"You will not face this alone. Just so you know." He said before leaving me to sob into my hands.