Epilogue.

The life that once occupied her eyes had faded, all light and love vanished. The hand which was stroking his face fell graciously to the ground before making a thud that echoed around the silent room. The blood was still seeping out from her wound. 

"Liara?" Loki whimpered. His lips were quivering and his tears dropped onto her motionless body. His hand brushed against her face. It shook with fear and guilt. "Please come back," he whispered as he sobbed into her lifeless body. Thor's obvious anger was rising as he clenched his fists. He screamed as he leapt onto Loki, sending him flying backwards. Thor breathed heavily as he knelt over the distressed Loki. He kept his fist raised ready to hit him but he could not. He let out a cry of frustration as he got off of him. He glanced to her dead body and slowly crouched down beside her. She was very dear to him, like a sister. This was breaking his heart. He took two of his fingers and gently closed her ghostly eyes. Those eyes once contained so much life and happiness. None of the avengers spoke, they stood in silent respect. Thor carefully picked her up. Her lifeless body was draped in his arms and her head fell backwards. Tony and Rogers got hold of Loki and followed Thor. Loki put up no fight, he came quietly with his head bowed and tears streaming down his face. 

When they got back to the helicarrier Thor took her to the infirmary, where Coulson was laid too as the morgue was destroyed in the attack. Fury didn't say a word as did Hill. Thor laid her on the metal table. On the table next to her laid Coulson, covered by a white sheet. Loki remained quiet and did not resist as he was put back into a cell. Fury had agreed to let Thor take the Tesseract home along with Loki and Liara's body. There was no doubt that Heimdall would have witnessed every thing and told her family, they would be waiting. Thor made sure they cleaned her body from any dirt or blood and made her body look peaceful. 

The same day Liara was placed onto a hover bed and laid out. She had a beautiful flowing dress on and her hair was long and curly. Her face was pretty and peaceful. Her hands were placed one on top of the other and around her neck gracefully laid her jadeite necklace, one she treasured. Thor said his goodbyes and readied the Tesseract. Loki, who was bound and had a muzzle on, took the other end but his eyes never left her. Thor held onto the bed she was on as he activated it, sending them home. They materialised in the throne room. Odin and Frigga stood there with guards ready to take away Loki. On the other side stood Liara's family. When her mother saw her body she collapsed to the ground in fits of tears. Liara's father tried his best to comfort his wife. Thor handed the tesseract to Odin and two guards took Loki by the arms but he was more interested in something else. Lex walked slowly forward to his big sister. In his arms he held a small infant. Loki's heart sank as he saw the jet black hair, the pale skin and the bold green eyes. His pain grew as he saw his son. The guards tried to pull him away but he was transfixed on the boy. Lex tearfully put Deus onto the bed. The young child looked at its mother and grabbed her little finger. The child began to cry, not for milk or sleep but for its mother. 

Liara was denied an Asgardian burial as her gift of fire lingered on, meaning the sacred fires would not touch her skin. Instead Odin granted her a high honour of being buried like kings of old. She, like kings and warriors before her , was frozen and placed in the hall of the fallen. Her beauty would never perish and her story would live on forever. 

Loki willingly went into the Asgard cells. He sat quietly, staring into space. From that point on he would forever punish himself for taking the woman he loved. His child already loathed him. 2 years on and Loki still sits in that cell, not moving or speaking. He would play tricks on himself, projecting her and Frigga, the only two women who loved him, making them mock him. 

"Look Frigga, he is imagining us again," he would make Liara say.

"Oh yes my dear, when will he ask us to tell him that we forgive him?" Frigga would ask in return. He would create arguments with them and sometimes he would even forget that they were not real. Loki made false projections of the cell in order to deceive any visitors of his true condition, not that anyone visited. 

Even when laying the  ruined wastes of Svartalfheim, slowly dying in the arms of Thor, his thoughts lingered on her. He gave all his efforts to project her next to him, much to Thors surprise. Even though it was all to deceive his brother, he felt that in his dying moments, this is what he would do. Her fingers entwined in his and her shimmering green eyes glistens with tears. Bringing her hand up to stroke his head, she soothed him. 

"Pain is only temporary, do not let it consume you, let it go and you will have peace."

The end. 

********************************************************************

*deep breath* Well then, That is it! The end of my story. I hope you all liked it! I just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to you! Yes you, the ones reading this story! With out you guys I would probably just be sitting here twidling my thumbss! ;) I just wanted to let you all know that you are all supermegafoxyawesomehot fans! Thanks for the ride...its been great! x