The after party.

Walking down the hall I could not believe what I was wearing. It made me look arrogant and stupid. Distant cheers could be heard from the long balcony allocated as the feast hall. The crash of glass being thrown together and cutlery clashing was ringing through the corridor. My feet would not carry me any further; they stopped around the corner of the open door leading into the feast hall. I did not want to do this. The light gold drapes covering the walls drifted gently in the warm breeze. I looked down at the ridiculous outfit I was wearing and sighed, I am stronger than this. The maniacal laugh of Enchantress just settled it. I brushed myself down and pulled myself up. Drawing in a big breath I turned the corner and entered the hall. A few people stopped to look at me but most were too heavy with ale to even care. From across the room I caught Loki’s eye. He was talking to a group of people who surrounded him. He could not help a tug at either end of his lips as he tried not to laugh. His eyes looked big and innocent. I nodded at several people who passed me as I made my way over to him. He continued talking with his fellows, his eyes slightly darting towards my approaching figure. As I reached the group I held my hand firmly on Loki’s shoulder and leaned in to the huddling crowd of men.

“Forgive me gentlemen, but may I steal my husband’s attention for just a few minutes?” I asked kindly with a sweet smile. At once they all nodded and said a few words. I nodded my head in appreciation and pulled Loki back. 

“I am glad to see you up and about, my love, especially in your condition.” He beamed at me. My face fell straight.

“Don’t start that again, please.” I moaned as I caught some people staring in my direction.

“Come on Liara smile, it’s your wedding. Whether you like it or not, we are best friends why not drink together?” He played nudging me with his shoulder.

“Loki have you seen what I am wearing?” His eyes looked me up and down before returning to my face.

“It is very nice, very well designed I think. Yes defiantly the best I have ever seen.” His face was littered with uncontrolled joy. I have known Loki for several years and I know when he is concealing something.

“You had something to do with this, didn’t you?” My voice sounded dry and droll. His eyes moved quickly away and his hands held behind his back. He began to sway on the toes of his feet.

“Well…maybe a tiny bit.” My fist came straight across his arm, causing him to hold it in pain.

“I knew it. I want a new armour thingy, now!” I whispered harshly.

“Why would I do that, you look so stunning.” His tone bursting with fits of giggles.

“You remember about, well two years ago? We were training and I beat you in combat…remember? And you said in return for me not telling Thor I beat you, you would do anything I ask? Well, I am asking.” He considered this for a moment before shaking his head. “Fine.” I replied turning around to see if I could find Thor. “Oh Thor!” I cried out.

“Alright, I was only teasing, of course I will get you a new ceremonial dress.” He moaned like a child who had not gotten his way.

“Thank you darling.” I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. As I pulled away a blonde brat appeared beside us. I moaned in anguish and looked away as Enchantress came into view.

“Hey Loki.” She whispered seductively in his ear but loud enough for me to hear. Her very presence made me want to burst into flames. It took all of my concentration not to get angry right now. I had to bite hard on my bottom lip to stop fire from consuming me. Loki upon seeing my dislike of her did something that I admired.

“Look can you not see it. Neither I or my wife want you around so just leave.” He was not violent but not too polite. He also said what she did not want to hear, that I was his wife. He flashed a quick cheesy smile at me and walked off. One thing I will say about him is he is there for me. I began to walk off the cold icy grip on Enchantress wrapped around my forearm and pulled my head to her mouth.