True feelings.

Loki was gone when I opened my eyes, his side of the bed neatly made up and tucked in. I hardly slept last night, the thought of any more resurfacing memories kept me awake. I laughed at myself for thinking such nonsense. I kept the beautiful necklace on all night, I never wanted to take it off. As I got up it caught my eye in the mirror, and a instant smile grew over my face. The last few days had been wonderful, better than I had ever expected them to be. Only a couple of weeks ago I was shuddering at the thought of being with Loki but now I could think of nothing better. I walked out of our room, not knowing of where I was going. Loki would be busy now that he was king and he was very secretive at the moment. I turned on my heels deciding I would go down to the court yard. While on route I noticed Lady Sif and the warriors three coming down a near corridor. I smiled as they came near but none returned it. Each of them looked rather upset and angry. I stopped them as they reached me, and the closer they were the more I could see their anguish.

"Sif what is wrong?" I asked concerned. We had never been the best of friends but I like to think we could talk to each other. Her eyes refused to meet mine, they instead moved around in an angry fashion. I could see she would not tell me anything so I looked to the boys behind her. But they too did not want to make eye contact. "Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral?" I asked confused at their silence. I was beginning to think something terrible had happened. The air remained awkward and silent, the atmosphere you could cut with a knife. "Somebody tell me what is going on?" I said more frustrated that they were not complying with me.

"Loki refuses to bring Thor back home." Sif said bluntly. Her words shocked me and threw me for a moment.

"What?" I laughed in disbelief. I did not understand, Loki loved Thor why would he refuse?

"We went to see Loki and we asked him to end Thor's banishment. But he refused out right." Fandral replied.

"I...I don't understand. Let me talk to him." I said, assuring them.

"If anyone could make him change his mind it is you." Hogun smiled sadly. He flattered me but I knew it was not true. Hardly anyone could change Loki's mind once it was fixed.

"I will try my best." I said to Sif upon noticing her distress. She gave me a weak smile and all four walked off. I stood there in the corridor, there must be a mistake. I walked up to the throne room with a mixture of feelings. If what Sif said was true he would be mad if I asked him as well. But my feelings forbade it, there must be a mistake. The guards on either side of the doors opened them up to reveal Loki brooding in the throne. It was strange to see him in the kings throne but after all he was the king. I dropped to one knee and brought my fist to my chest. I heard Loki chuckle at this act in both confusion and humour. I also heard to doors close behind me and the footsteps of Loki coming to me.

"My love, why do you come to me in such ways? You are my Queen you need not bow." He laughed as he held out both of his palms to me. I took them and he pulled me up. His cute smile spread across his face. "Only my subjects bow to me, and you do not come as a subject I hope!" He grinned. I let out a slow quiet breath and looked to the ground. My silence told him everything. "Unless you do come as a subject?" He said curiously. I looked into his green eyes with compassion.

"I come as both subject and wife." I replied. Loki looked a bit confused and he swallowed. He gave a slight nod and sat back down on his throne.

"Do speak." He said in a lordly tone. I took a step towards him and my hands were clasped together in front of me.

"I was thinking, that now you are king, you could bring Thor back from banishment?" I asked more timidly than I had intended. He sat there with his thumb and index finger wrapped around his chin. He looked like he was processing what I had just asked. I stood there awaiting a response.

"You have been talking to lady Sif." He said slowly with a hint of anger. I did not wish to deny this.

"Yes I did, and I did not believe what she told me." I could not see any emotion on his face expect for pain, like he was holding something in.

"What did she tell you?" He asked not looking at me but a fixed point on the floor.

"That you refused." He nodded slowly, thinking.

"And can you not think for yourself, why do you have to come to me with others thought and suggestions?" He asked raising his voice slightly.

"I can make up my own mind." I replied offended. He bit down hard on his lip and raising his eyebrows like he was containing anger.

"Really?" He asked his voice higher than it usually is.

"Yes. So will you bring back Thor or not?" I asked annoyed. Loki threw himself up making me take a step back.

"I can not undo the All fathers last command Liara!" He shouted.

"That is no reason and you know it!" I screamed back. I stepped forward returning to my original position, only a few feet away from him.

"You think you know better than me Liara? Really you think you can rule Azgard and not have it crumble beneath you?" he asked but still shouting, spitting with anger.

"I know only one thing. That you love Thor, but have grown to greedy to need love." I replied.

"Oh really? I don't know who you think you are. Everyone is beneath me , you are beneath me!"  He screamed spitefully looking me up and down in disgust. He was less than an foot away from me now and I could see him gritting his teeth. His words had hurt me and he could see it. I could feel tears brimming in my eyes. So that is what he really thought of me. I tried to stop my lip from quivering but it was still visible. As well as hurt anger welled up with in me. "Liara..." Loki whispered apologetically.

"No." I whispered my voice trembled. "No, you made it quiet clear. And while we are on the subject of what we think. I think that you, are a pompous, selfish, arrogant, pathetic excuse for a man!"  I cried out. I was more harsh than I would have liked but the anger and tears were hard to control. I was getting all choked up. I looked teary eyed into his eyes. We were both breathing heavily. His eyes moved from mine to my lips. His lips parted and he let out a breath. They then snapped back to me and he gritted his teeth.

"Get out." He whispered harshly. I swallowed hard and took three steps back, but I did not brake eye contact with him. All of a sudden my anger over came my hurt. I bow over dramatically and thrust my arms either side of my body.

"My King." I said sarcastically. I snapped back upright and turned around. As I walked out of the door a tear dropped from my eye, but I was thankful he could not see it. I took some time to compose myself before going off to find Sif and the warriors three. I knew they would most probably be in the guest room, where all of the food was. Walking in they all looked up at me, expecting news.

"Well?" Volstagg asked with a mouth full of chicken.

"No luck. He has grown to attached to that throne to bring Thor back." I said sitting down.

"So what do we do now?" Fandral asked rubbing his forehead.

"We get Thor back ourselves." I said. All four looked at me, Volstagg with food coming out of his mouth.

"What? What if Heimdall heard you say that?" Volstagg managed to spit out with his full gob.

"He wouldn't be listening." I said. At this point the doors were flung open and a tall guard stood there.

"Heimdall demands your presence." He said to us all. Well, perhaps he is listening.