Temptation.

Two days had passed without me talking to Loki. I thought it best that I stayed at home and calmed down. The more I did nothing the more I thought about it. Married to Loki entailed so much more than the joining of two families. They would expect us to make a family of our own, and I do not want to do it with him. I looked across my balcony; it seemed a nice day so I decided to go for a walk. It was a pleasant warm day and the stars shone down brightly. Walking across the river was relaxing, watching the glistening lights and buildings in its reflection. Children played by the bank of the river, laughing and running. It reminded me of my childhood. My mother would bring me down here with Lex. We would splash each other across the white sandy banks. Sometimes Odin would allow Thor and Loki down to play as well. I could almost hear the laughter of my childhood as I sat there watching the young children play. In the corner of my eye I spotted my brother playing in the water with another girl, about his age. I recognised her. She was the daughter of the shadow keeper. They looked like they were having the time of there life’s, laughing and smiling, splashing each other and dunking one another.

“Yes, keep playing be happy and then the next thing you know, bam! You are engaged and the whole kingdom will watch your every move.” I muttered to myself as I watched them.

“What?” a questioning little girl asked from behind me. I nearly chocked on my words.

“Nothing, nothing go and play little one.” I replied with a force smile. I brought with me my favourite book, “Earth.” It was a tale of an Azgardian and a human romance, that all ended in tragedy. I am not sure why it is my favourite but I enjoyed it, it comforted me. I opened the tattered book to a random page, I knew it all off by heart anyway.

He took his beloved into his arms. She was so light and fragile in his wake, but a beauty to behold. Her golden hair flowed seamlessly through the wind and her sky blue eyes glistened in the sun light. His heart grew weary and faint at the slightest thought of leaving her but it had to be so. Her skins gentle touch was so soft and smooth to his hard fingers. She did not care; her thoughts were more focused on the handsome man in her presence. His bronzed face and defined features. His thick black hair so messy and untamed. She wanted to remember every little detail of him before he went. She inhaled his sent of must and sweat which somehow smelt appealing to her.” I smiled at the innocence and love of the couple. That is every girls dream fairy tale. I sighed at the thought of my ‘fairy tale’ marriage. Any other girl in my position would be so happy. I drew myself up from the bank of the river and made my way home. I had been gone a good hour or two. As I walked into my home it was quiet which was unusual. My mother was lying across the bench outside. At the sight of me she got up all flustered.

“You have a visitor my love.” She whispered gently in my ear. Her smile on her face gave away who it was. I walked along to my room and entered. Lying across my long chair was Loki. As I stepped closer I knew it was not him.

“Lovely day isn’t it?” His projection said. I smiled and turned around to see the real Loki leaning against my wall.

“Stunning, what do you want?” I asked bitterly. He kicked off my wall and walked to my balcony. I instead lay where his projection was, across my chair.

“You have been ignoring me for two days.” He stated.

“No, I just have not been out.” My tone of voice was dry. He leaned over the balcony wall and took a deep breath in.

“So what is wrong? Is it the little encounter we had with Enchantress? I doubt it, I have known you a long time and that will not affect you this bad.” He laughed. I narrowed my eyes at him as he continued. “We used to be best friends, but since this marriage thing we have been distant? Its only marriage nothing has to change.” I laughed in disbelief.

“Of course it has to change!” I huffed obviously. He looked at me to continue, but I leaned back and broke eye contact.

“Go on, why does it have to change?” He pushed me mentally. He turned around and leaned against the baloney wall and stared at me.

“You just don’t get it.” I moaned and closed my eyes, hoping he would go away.

“What don’t I get Liara, please explain it to me.” He said sarcastically. I knew he knew what I was talking about; he just wanted to hear me say it.

“If we are married we will have to be more…” My voice trailed off, to embarrassed to continue. Loki raised his eyebrows at me questionly. I swallowed. “More.” I coughed. “Intimate.” I said biting my tongue. Loki’s face light with laughter. 

“You are scared of being.” He coughed and imitated me, “Intimate.” He laughed.

“I told you, you wouldn’t understand!” I moaned. Loki was now walking towards me, a smile bold on his pale face.

“Why don’t we practise?” He said suddenly. Before I knew what was happening Loki was on top of me straddling me.

“Loki, get off!” I gasped as he leaned closer towards me. My eyes were locked with his. “Loki…” I began to repeat myself but I was cut off by the warm chills going up and down my arm as he touched it. His ice cold hand rested just at the top of my arm, but the tingling sensation led to sparks setting off on my skin. His eyes followed his hand, but my eyes stayed on his. I was speechless. I wanted to scream get off of me, but my body was frozen. His eyes moved as his hand glided up my arm, sending shivers down my body. The tips of his old fingers grazed over the top of my neck and ran along colour bone. His hand hesitated for a brief moment before moving onto my jaw bone. He traced along it gently, tickling my skin with his touch. My breathing became low and nervous. This was exactly what I did not want to do with him. The back of his index finger brushed against my left cheek. It made my cheek feel warm and fuzzy. Suddenly I found his hand cupping my cheek and rubbing it. All this time his eyes never met with mine. The closer he got to my lips the more I found I enjoyed it. Finally his thumb came to my lips and began to trace their every curve, slowly and smoothly. His thumb settled at the center of my bottom lip pulling it down gently. His eyes were ghostly transfixed on my red lips, my breathing now getting heavier. He pushed my lip further down and got slowly closer to my own body. I could feel his natural breathing on my face. I could smell him, feel him. I watched his staring eyes as they searched over my body. He was less than an inch away when his eyes snapped onto mine. He released his thumb from my lip, letting it spring back to its normal place. He flashed his wicked mischievous smile and bared his teeth. He then jumped off of me and ran out of the room. I stayed still, stuck to the chair, not able to move, from shock. My breathing returned to its natural tempo slowly but surely. My lips still stung from our encounter. I took my own thumb and traced exactly where he had done, losing myself in the moment, remembering it, savouring it. As soon as I realised what I was doing I snapped out of it, throwing myself onto my feet. Only a few minutes ago I despised the thought of being that way with him. I would have thrown up at the very thought of getting anywhere close to him. Now only a few seconds later, I was yearning for it. Just to feel his ice cold fingers, cool my burning, blazing skin. It’s amazing what the God of Mischief can do.