1.7

Ashton's POV

"Ash," My mum came into the room, quietly. I could feel the foot of my bed dip a little bit as she sat down by my feet.

"What mum?" I groaned, rolling onto my back and stretching. "What time is it?" I asked again, to lazy to sit up in bed and check the clock.

"It's twelve in the afternoon. Come on Ash, why don't you get out of bed. Hang out with the boys." She suggested and I could only guess that she knew Mia and I had an argument. "Just because you and Mia had an argument," There it is. "Doesn't mean you need to sit around in bed and mope all day."

"I'm not moping." I pouted as I slowly sat up in bed so I could come face to face with my mum. She gave me a look before pinching at my cheeks gently.

"Yes, you are Ashton. Now, come on. Get out of bed. If you don't want to hang out with the boys you can at least help me set up for the barbecue tonight." My mum stood from the foot of my bed and started walking towards the door.

"Barbecue? What Barbecue?" I asked, slowly getting out of bed.

"Oh, just a small little family thing. The boys, their families. Josh and Alex." She started listing people off.

"Is Mia going to be at this sudden barbecue?" I asked, following my mum out of my bedroom.

"No, she's still in America." My mum answered and I nodded my head. I was thankful that I didn't have to face Mia because then I would have to give her an answer. I would have to tell her that I have such strong feelings for her that it actually hurts. And, that's what Luke was hinting about, but I just didn't want Mia to find out.

"Why don't you just get Lauren and Harry to help?" I asked as we walked into the kitchen. "I mean I still am crippled." I pointed to my side making my mum roll her eyes.

"Yes, but I don't think you need to use your side to cook and flip burgers on the barbie." She told me. "Plus, Lauren and Harry aren't home. Joy, Karen and Liz took them out to eat and go shopping." She told me.

"Why didn't they take me?" I asked, suddenly hurt that the people who were like my second mothers didn't take me shopping and out to eat. As childish as that sounds.

"Because, you were being a lazy bum and didn't wake up when they came to get your sister and brother." She told me as she took the burgers out of the freezer and set them on the counter. "Let them defrost." She told me as she rushed around this kitchen to get more things out.

"Do you need help making any salads?" I asked her.

"No, Josh and Alex are bringing that over, along with stuff to make s'mores." She muttered as she started to get out all of the rest of the food that needed to be cooked or just heated up.

"What time is everyone coming over?" I asked, taking a seat at the kitchen island. My mum was still moving around the kitchen putting everything together.