0.7

Mia's POV

"That was so cool!" Ashton told me excitedly once we were back in the car. We spent nearly two hours at the statue, climbing the stairs and taking in the amazing view that it provided.

"I know, right?!" I gushed as I buckled my seat belt and took out my cell phone so I could look at the photos that I took. "Look at your face in this!" I giggled as I pulled up a picture of Ashton that I took. He was looking out of the crown, his mouth and eyes wide open in amazement.

"Oh my god! I didn't even realize that you took that." He smiled at me. I giggled, pulling my phone away and locking it. "Look at this photo of you." He said right before he put his phone in front of my face. Without my knowledge, he had snapped a photo of me looking out the crown. My back was to him as I lent over the rail to get a better view. The sun was shining in a a perfect angle, contrasting with the dull lighting that was inside.

"Oh my god! That's a nice photo, Irwin." I complimented him. He smiled, before copying my actions and locking his phone and then placing it in his pocket. "So, I was thinking that we can visit one more place before we go back to the hotel." I mentioned to him.

"Sure, what did you have in mind? Empire State Building? Central Park? Time Square?" He started listing off famous land marks in New York.

"No," I told him, a small smile coming to form on my face. "I was thinking that we could visit the orphanage - the one that my dads adopted me from." I told him. I waited for his face to drop in disappointment and I waited for him to be extremely freaked out that I wanted to visit an orphanage; but that never happened.

A smile formed on his face as he reached over and took my hand. "I can't wait to see it." He told me, squeezing my hand. I smiled, dipping my head down so my hair could fall in front of my face.

"I'm just warning you, the workers are like my family. They're going to interrogate you." I smiled, lifting my head so I could look at him. He smiled, letting go of my hand so he could pretend to fix a bow tie that he wasn't there.

"I got this."

The car ride to the orphanage was filled with Ashton and I obnoxiously singing along to All Time Low and The Rights. From the front, I caught the driver rolling his eyes at us more than once and ever time I nearly pissed myself from laughing. After a while, the car stopped outside of the orphanage.

"This it?" Ashton asked me. Tearing my gaze away from the building, I turned to look at him. Nodding my head a smile broke out onto my face.

"Yeah." The two of us got out of the car together and made our way up the front stairs. The door was still painted the obnoxious color of green with the broken doorbell still placed to the left of it. Knocking on the door twice I stepped back next to Ashton waiting for someone to answer.

"Ms. Jackie! Someone's at the door." I heard from inside.

"Open it for me, darling. I'm making lunch and my hands are full." I heard Ms. Jackie scream back from the inside. I could hear the locks being unlatch from the inside and then the door was swung open. There stood Missy, a fourteen year old girl who has been at the orphanage since she was born. She was a gorgeous, polite little girl and it confused me how no one has adopted her yet.

"MIA!" She screamed, running and jumping into my open arms. I laughed, stumbling backwards a bit as I held her close to me. I hugged her for what seemed like ages before she pulled away from me.

"Mia, I love your new song 'Sirens'! Are you releasing a music video for it! How's Uncle Alex and Josh! Oh, did you hear that a family might be adopting me. I got an A on my French test! I'm taking French 1, if you didn't know. I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" She rushed out so fast that I could barely gather any of the words that she was spewing out at me.

"Missy, why not let Mia and her friend step inside before you attack her." Ms. Jackie joked from behind the over joyed teen. I tore my gaze away from Missy to see Ms. Jackie smiling proudly at me. I managed to make my way inside the orphanage and into her arms.

"How are you, honey?" She asked into my hair as she kept a tight hold around me.

"I'm great Ms. Jackie. How are you?" I asked her. Her smile grew bigger, if that was even possibly, as she took her oven mitts off.

"I'm a grandmother." She told me proudly. A hand flew to my mouth as I started jumping up and down before bringing her into a another tight hug.

"Congratulations, Ms. Jackie. How old, boy or girl?" I asked her.

"Little boy, only two months old. Sweetest little thing he is." She told me and I put a hand to my heart in utter joy. "But enough about me." She said, reaching out so she could put a stray strand of hair, that fell out of my bun, behind my ear. "Who's this young man. Nice to meet you darling, I'm Jackie." She introduced sticking her hand out for Ashton to shake. "You look familiar." She stated.

"Ms. Jackie," Missy managed to whisper out as she pressed herself tightly up against the wall.

"Yes darling. Oh, you looked flushed. Are you okay?" Ms. Jackie started to worry. Missy didn't take her gaze away from Ashton.

Ashton just chuckled, bring his hand back down to his side. "My names Ashton, ma'am." He introduced himself politely. Ms. Jackie threw her hands in the air, obviously recognizing Ashton now.

"That's right! Missy and a few of the other girls won't stop talking about your band." She chuckled. "It's nice to meet you love. Why don't you guys come in. I just finished making lunch." She rambled on as she led us into the kitchen. "Oh Mia, your father called, he knew you were coming here, so upon his and your dads wishes, they want me to give you this." She pulled an envolope out from on top of the fridge and handed it to me. (A/N: okay so when someone is talking about Mia's dads,Josh is going to be referred to as 'father' and then Alex is going to be referred to as 'dad'. When Mia is talking about her dads she is going to call Josh 'daddy' and Alex 'dad'. Just wanted to clear that up ;))

"What is it?" I asked her confused. Turning it onto it's side, in messy handwriting, was my name.

"Well, Mia," She started, her big smile simmering down to a small smirk. "It's everything you need to know about your birth parents."

-

Hey guys! Two updates in one day! I'm on a roll! I have so many great ideas for this book, and I'm so excited for it so expect many chapters from me!

Anyways! I was thinking about doing a Q&A for you guys because I've been on wattpad for over a year now and y'all deserve to get to know me a little better! So, if you want that Q&A just ask me some questions down below and in the next upcoming chapters I'll answer them for you all! Okay!

I love you guys!
-Bunny xx