Chapter 18

It had been a week since I was sick and I felt so much better. Life was finally back to normal. Kenna and I were up before any of the boys and I had breakfast casserole made. We were just waiting for the boys to get up. I turned on the TV to a music channel. Kenna lit up. She started dancing around the living room singing along to the songs. I was laughing at her when she started yelling, "Come dance with me!"

I got up and started dancing around with her. We were singing along and I knew I looked like an idiot, but I didn't care. That is until I looked up and saw the boys standing there smirking at me. I frowned in response and went to the kitchen to dish up their plates.

"Nice dance moves." Caleb commented. I glared at him.

"Shut up and sit down at the table." I said.

The boys gathered around and I got Kenna situated while they ate.

"Mmm this is so good." Theo said. He always commented on food. He definitely loves his food. I chuckled at him.

Later that afternoon, Kenna was playing in the living room and I was cleaning up from lunch. All of a sudden, the alarm started going off. That was not a good sign. The police told us that alarm would sound if anyone tried to break into the house or their system went down. They told us that if it ever went off to find a place to hide until they found us and took us to a safe place. The first thing that came to mind was where is Kenna? I ran to the living room and saw a man picking her up. I ran over to him and grabbed Kenna. I pulled her out of his grip with all my strength. I saw the boys running down the stairs. I felt the man's arms wrap around my waist and pick me up.

"Go to Jason!" I yelled at her. I could see how scared she was by the look on her face. Jason noticed what was happening and ran to Kenna. He gave her to Carter and started running towards me, but the man was already to the van waiting outside with me on his shoulder. As we passed the car that was supposed to be keeping a watch on the house, I noticed blood spattered on the windshield. They killed both the cops. He threw me in the back of the van and we sped off down the road. I was trying to fight them but there were three other men waiting in the van. They tied my hands behind my back.

Someone in the seat behind me leaned forward and whispered, "Hello again sweetheart." I knew that voice all too well, the same voice that haunted me every night when I tried to go to sleep. "Miss me?" He continued. I felt shivers down my spine. It took all my strength not to react to him. I knew that's all he wanted was a reaction out of me. I also knew that the police knew the house was broken into so they would be looking for me and the boys knew that I was taken, who took me, and what they were driving. I really hoped that they would find me soon because I don't know how much of this man I can take.

The van came to a stop and they took me out. Once we were inside, I recognized my surroundings immediately. We were at my house. The police had it locked down because they were still trying to collect evidence to prove these men killed my father. If they are going to torture me, I don't know what they can do that will make me feel worse than this. All the emotions from that day came rushing back. I was trying my best to hold it together, but it's too damn hard. I miss him so much. The man sat me on a chair in the middle of the room where they killed my father. I was trying my best to ignore my surroundings.

"Why are we here?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Well, you see, I have a 'friend' in the police department who has been keeping me updated on my investigation. I knew they were getting close to finding us so I decided I would finish my business with you and your little group of friends."

"You have a mole in the police department? So, you knew where the safe house was the whole time?" I asked.

"Wow, pretty and smart." he smirked.

"You know it won't take them long to figure out where you've taken me. What is your 'unfinished business' with us anyway?" I asked.

"I want to see you squirm and I want to inflict as much pain on you and your friends as possible. That's why I went for the little girl. I knew you all had grown attached to her."

"Well, you got me instead." I said.

"I can think of a lot of fun things we can do until they find us." He smirked. "Boys, leave us alone for a while." and the other men left the room. My heart rate sped up. He grabbed a knife from the kitchen. What's he gonna do? Kill me? In this moment, Jason flashed through my head. I never even got to tell him how I felt. I love him. I have got to make it out of here. He has to know how I feel, even if I die, I want him to know. He came closer to me and lifted my shirt. He cut it straight down the middle with his knife. He traced his fingers over my scars.

"I see your scars are looking very nice. I'm glad you have something to remember me by." He crouched down to my level and then kissed the scar on my shoulder. The alarm bells were going off in my head, but there was nothing I could do. I was trying to get my hands loose when he kissed my lips. I wanted to puke. I was shaking my head trying to avoid him kissing me again.

'What's wrong? Am I as bad of a kisser as your little boyfriend?" He smirked. "No, that can't be it. I'm a better kisser and you're upset about it. Yep, that's it. Why don't you just sit back and enjoy what is about to happen to you." I started squirming my whole body as he reached to unbutton my jeans. He pushed me off the chair and onto the floor. I started crying as I let reality sink in, they're not going to find me in time. He smirked at me. I rolled onto my stomach, hoping that would stop him from getting any further. He walked over to me and used his foot to forcefully roll me over onto my back. He got on top of me and I started crying, begging him to stop. I heard gunshots and the man jumped up and pulled me up in front of him, holding his gun to my head. The police officers came through the door. They were trying to talk him down and get him to let me go. All of a sudden I hit the floor and when I looked to the side, there was a police officer who tackled the man from the side and was putting him in handcuffs.

Sergeant Lindsay ran over to me and untied my hands. "I am so sorry this happened to you." She said as she pulled me into a hug. "We need to get a statement from you as soon as you're ready." She gave me a shirt to wear since mine was torn. I slipped it over my head and said, "I want to do it now."

"Are you sure?" She asked. "You can take some time and do it later."

'No, I waited the first time and it was too painful to relive it. I want to do it now." I replied.

"Okay." she said before she asked me all of her questions and I explained what happened. By the time it was over, I had tears streaming down my face. "Where is Jason?" I asked.

"He's outside." She replied.

I ran out the front door. There were still police cars all over the place. Their flashing lights blinded me at first. I used my hand to block the light. I was frantically searching for Jason. I didn't see him anywhere. Then I spotted him with the boys and Kenna. I ran to him as fast as I could, I jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around him. I started kissing him like I couldn't get enough.

"Whoa, hey are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He asked as he pulled away.

I cupped his face with both my hands and said, "I love you." I had no fear of telling him that. I knew now more than ever that it was true.

A huge smile covered his face and he replied, "I love you too." Then he closed the gap between us and I kissed him with so much passion. I wanted him to know I never wanted to let him go.