Chapter 15

I woke up on the couch with the TV still on. I turned it off and looked at my phone. Ugh, it's seven a.m. I laid there staring at the ceiling, not wanting to get up. Then it hit me. Jason asked me to be his girlfriend last night! Wait, what if that was all a dream? I'm just being paranoid. It happened. Didn't it? I decided to get up and take a shower to take my mind off things. I got ready for the day and went to check on Kenna. She was wide awake talking to herself in her crib. I got her up and dressed. We headed downstairs to make breakfast. I decided to make a breakfast casserole. I wasn't in the mood for cooking.

The boys came downstairs and were all still in their pajamas, except for Jason. He walked up to me and kissed me on the forehead. Well, the little debate in my head is over. He just answered my question. Oh my gosh. I'm his girlfriend! Everyone was staring at me. I could feel my face heat up. I hid behind Jason.

"Whoa, what was that?" Theo asked.

"Maddie and I are dating now." Jason responded. I peeked my head around Jason so I could see their reactions.

"Well, it's about damn time." Carter said.

"Carter!" I got after him for cursing in front of Kenna.

"Sorry, but it is." He said with a shrug.

"Try to keep the PDA to a minimum." Caleb said.

"Oh come on Caleb." I replied as I hugged Jason. "You're just jealous that you don't get any of my hugs." Caleb scoffed in response.

"Do you want a hug?" I teased.

"No" He replied.

"I think you need a hug." I continued teasing.

"I want a hug!" Kenna yelled.

"Well at least someone wants a hug from me." I chuckled.

"This is all great," Theo said "but can I eat now? I'm starving."

"You're always starving" I replied with a Chuckle. I dished up their plates and gave it to them. It was gone in about three minutes. But I have learned that being around boys means you have to eat or you won't get any food.

Later that night, after I put Kenna to bed, I was in the kitchen doing the dishes from dinner. It reminded me of a time when I was doing dishes at home and my Dad came home to surprise me. He had been gone for a couple of days on business. I nearly broke a plate because I was so surprised. I really miss him sometimes. I started to cry as I kept doing the dishes. I heard someone coming into the kitchen so I wiped my tears and tried to cover up the fact that I had just been crying. I felt someone wrap their arms around me. Jason, I knew right away. I could tell by his cologne.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." I replied.

"Then look at me." He said.

I signed at looked at him. "Why are you crying?" He asked.

I started to cry again. "I just really miss him sometimes. And I get so mad about what that bastard did to him!"

"Hey, you're alright." He tried to soothe me. I just continued to cry.

We were sitting on the kitchen floor and I was sitting between his legs leaning back on his chest. I had finally stopped crying.

"Are you okay?' Jason asked. I just looked at him and gave him a small smile. He kissed me and before I knew it, I was straddling him and we were making out. I had my arms wrapped around his neck pulling him close to me. His hands were on my thighs and they slid up to my hips. I felt his fingers slide under my shirt. I pulled away, panting, trying to catch my breath.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied. I rested my forehead on his.

After a couple of minutes of silence, I said, "Please don't break up with me because I'm an ugly crier."

He chuckled and said, "No worries there, I have never seen anyone who is attractive when they cry." He paused. "You ready for bed?"

"Yeah." I replied. I stood up and grabbed his hand helping him up off the floor. Once we got to my door, I turned to him and said, "Don't be mad, I just got scared." He gave me a small smile knowing exactly what I was talking about and nodded in response.

'You going to be okay tonight?" He asked

"Yeah, I think I'll be fine." I assured him.

'Well you know if you ever need me, you can come to my room." He said.

"Yeah, thanks." I replied before I slipped into my room.

I woke up at two a.m. panting and crying. I had a dream about my Dad. I just miss him so much. I laid in bed trying to calm myself down, but nothing was working. I just felt so alone. I got out of bed and went to Jason's room. I got in his bed as quietly as I could, so I wouldn't wake him up. He was on his side facing away from me. I snuggled next to him and wrapped my arm around him. He put his hand over mine and laced our fingers together. I already felt so much better. He is always there for me. He rolled over and stroked my face.

"You ok?' He asked. I nodded.

After a couple of minutes of silence, I said, "I don't deserve you."

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"You have been there for me from day one, even when you had no idea who I was. I have put you through so much and every time I have a problem, which is a lot of the time, you are there for me and you listen to me rant. You watch me ugly cry." I laughed. "I just can't believe you still like me after everything I have put you through."

"You might see it that way, but what I see is someone who has been through so much and has become such a strong woman because of it." He replied. I smiled at him and gave him a kiss before we both drifted off to sleep.